• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is this an Aussie resurgence, or are India really that bad?
Bit of both I think. Too early to say Aussies are back as the batting only a few weeks back folded like the Indians did but the bowling has more of a look of a good attack about it now Johnson has gone. Surely this means Johnson's test career is over?

As for India, they have serious problems and look like they are a long way off being a good test side.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
It would be interesting to see India's performance against the lower ranked countries outside of India. Pakistan isn't happening any time soon, but against the poor Sri Lankan team, West Indies and a strong NZ team it would give us a good perspective of what level they are at (especially against Kiwis in NZ).

Bouncer

State Regular
Just heard that there was a 12 year old opening the bowling for Pakistan U19 against SA U19 yesterday, how lucky is David Warner to not to have faced him yesterday?:)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No doubt the Australian media today sharpening its pens against Warner and Cowan for being terrible hosts in giving some stick back to the Indians.

Bouncer

State Regular
Good point Neil, I have played cricet in Pak and seen some really odd looking people giving national trials for U16 and U19 and playing grade level cricket (In Pak its called District Level Cricket). But I do think that this picture doesnt tell the complete story as in 6th/7th grade around age of 12 or so I have also seen many genuine 12 year old with good amount of growth of beard....what can we say, we are a hairy race. Being a lesbian albino, it would be difficult for you to understand. :laugh:

Woodster

International Captain
Have just watched Warner's innings in its entirety, and I could come on saying India bowled badly, while the pitch wasn't a road it was decent enough to bat on, etc, etc. I don't think that would be fair to David Warner who batted fantastically. He certainly contributed in a large way to India bowling poorly, he piled the pressure back on them and the margins for error must have felt absolutely minimal. Some of his shots were full of power and technically pretty good aswell.

I was sceptical about his inclusion for the Aussies in Test cricket, on the basis that he had played so little first-class cricket and I thought they had got carried with his entertaining cameos in T20 cricket. But his knock against NZ and this one today show that he really can be a player in this format. You couldn't not be impressed by him today, his courageous approach, energy between the wickets and exhilarating strokeplay.

Just to pick out a few of his shots today, I loved his lofted drive in Kumar's first over, timed beautifully and technically spot on. He pulled Kumar off a delivery slight back of a length and thrashed one through mid-off, think it was off Zaheer, may have been Yadav though. The one off Sharma had no right to go all the way, that was just a ball in a decent enough area and presumably because of the verbals he was pretty pumped to smash him around.

A word on Ed Cowan aswell. He showed a great temperament, was lucky to get away with the caught behind off his glove towards the end of the day, but was an excellent foil for Warner.

Don't think this is a time to speculate on what Warner may not achieve in his career, or in certain countries, and he cannot bat like this every innings. We should just enjoy a special knock today for what it was/is.