• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What a ****ing legend.

And what a dumbass sledge. Want to make it any more obvious that you've given up? There's still theoretically nine days of Test cricket in this series, you know...
What makes it stupider is that Ishant is implying he's going to let his spinners sort him out...not him. Which means not only has he given up on the series, but even in a sledge, a completely hypothetical fantasy which he can completely make up, he still doesn't believe he's good enough to sort out Warner himself. :laugh:

uvelocity

International Coach
wasn't watching at the time due to work but

The shot

Sachin Tendulkar began his innings with a straight drive for four. On air, Ian Chappell was put in the mind of the straight drive he played to bring up his hundred at the same venue in 1991-92. Chappell remembered the bowler too, Craig McDermott. Channel 9 dug into the archives, and Chappell was correct. The only difference was that the 1991-92 drive was slightly to the leg side of the stumps.
Chappelli might be a caustic ****, but he does know his cricket.

Ruckus

International Captain
What makes it stupider is that Ishant is implying he's going to let his spinners sort him out...not him. Which means not only has he given up on the series, but even in a sledge, a completely hypothetical fantasy which he can completely make up, he still doesn't believe he's good enough to sort out Warner himself. :laugh:
Is your avatar the Hilf/Laxman wicket?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Is your avatar the Hilf/Laxman wicket?
Yea, I loved that delivery. People talk about hitting the top of off - you literally can't do better than that. You misjudge your off stump by a millimeter and you're either bowled...or you edge it. It was beautiful. Took me a while to get the exact fraction of a second in the picture!

Ruckus

International Captain
Yea, I loved that delivery. People talk about hitting the top of off - you literally can't do better than that. You misjudge your off stump by a millimeter and you're either bowled...or you edge it. It was beautiful. Took me a while to get the exact fraction of a second in the picture!
haha yeah it was indeed a work of art.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wasn't watching at the time due to work but

Chappelli might be a caustic ****, but he does know his cricket.
Think cricinfo talked that up a little bit. That would've been fresh in Chappell's mind because Channel 9 played highlights of the innings before the start of play.

uvelocity

International Coach
Think cricinfo talked that up a little bit. That would've been fresh in Chappell's mind because Channel 9 played highlights of the innings before the start of play.
sneaky bastard

that presser they cut it short on youtubes ftr missed out the bit where they asked him where to now for india

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Sledged Clarke when was on 150-odd IIRC.

Clarke then started to play some of the most absurd shots I've ever seen him play so that didn't turn out well either... (dropping him didn't help too ofc)
Clarke was on 182 at the time.

I am really excited for tomorrow. No pressure, plat pitch, 2 days, ****e bowling; Warner (and Cowan for that matter) have the chance to go on and make absolutely ridiculous scores.

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke was on 182 at the time.

I am really excited for tomorrow. No pressure, plat pitch, 2 days, ****e bowling; Warner (and Cowan for that matter) have the chance to go on and make absolutely ridiculous scores.
Could easily lose a couple in quick time if India actually manage to bowl well (big if, I know). But yeah looking forward to a big batting day, making up for lost time over the past three years. Think Clarke needs 160-odd (unbeaten) to get his average to 50, would be nice.

uvelocity

International Coach
http://blogs.espncricinfo.com/sadisthour/archives/2012/01/a_day_vinay_kumar_wont_forget.php said:
Warner treated Vinay like someone who’d dated his sister twice, before dumping her when she refused to put out.
:lol: