• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not just spreading the field. It was pretty obvious India had no idea at all where to bowl to him, and even on helpful decks there's only certain areas of the pitch where batsmen will have trouble.

Ruckus

International Captain
I wish.

Nothing happened to him. Clarke decided that a night watchman was needed in case a wicket fall and Siddle put his heart up since he's such a great team man.
Oh no, I mean when he was bowling today? There was a period I missed where Siddle was bowling and when I came back he wasn't on the field or something (footage with an ice pack on his neck and stuff)?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow what a days play. India have thrown the towel in already and 4-0 looks inevitable to be honest. The Indian batting needs changing, the old guard are too old to keep picking all of them. Kohli not up to it and the bowling is useless. Tough times ahead for India.

As for the Aussies, look like they have some bowling depth (but Siddle and Hilf won't fear the number 1 side) and it will be fascinating to see how Warner goes abroad. can see him struggling with the moving ball in England. Cowan looks a solid enough option as back up to Warner and Watson. Not too sure how good the Aussies are though as they have beaten 2 inept sides and drawn with a poor NZ side and a decent SA side since the ashes. Guess we will find out in time.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oh no, I mean when he was bowling today? There was a period I missed where Siddle was bowling and when I came back he wasn't on the field or something (footage with an ice pack on his neck and stuff)?
I was at work after lunch, I was listening to the ABC radio for most of the time, but missed that part. He's fine though, we can all sleep well tonight.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was at work after lunch, I was listening to the ABC radio for most of the time, but missed that part. He's fine though, we can all sleep well tonight.
The ABC didn't actually mention it for some reason. Looked like was suffering from heat stroke and got a bit dizzy though or something.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wow what a days play. India have thrown the towel in already and 4-0 looks inevitable to be honest. The Indian batting needs changing, the old guard are too old to keep picking all of them. Kohli not up to it and the bowling is useless. Tough times ahead for India.

As for the Aussies, look like they have some bowling depth (but Siddle and Hilf won't fear the number 1 side) and it will be fascinating to see how Warner goes abroad. can see him struggling with the moving ball in England. Cowan looks a solid enough option as back up to Warner and Watson. Not too sure how good the Aussies are though as they have beaten 2 inept sides and drawn with a poor NZ side and a decent SA side since the ashes. Guess we will find out in time.
That's what makes 2 Test series so frustrating tbh. It's really, really hard to get much out of them when it's one Test apiece, since it often comes down to the individual conditions of the Test/individual performances rather than the merits of the team on balance.

flibbertyjibber

Pasty ugly **** got sunburnt?

Seriously, hope he not injured, has bowled well this Aussie summer.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just looked like minor heatstroke tbh. Not much fun while you're out there but he'd have been fine after an hour or two in the dressing room.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

If you were asked after the Ashes if Australia would take 2 series wins and 2 series draws against SL (a), SA (a) NZ (h) and IND (h) I think most people would say yes. England are certainly the benchmark, but Australia has shown that they are competitive in world cricket terms and they've played the matches in such an entertaining style, I'm sure many non-Aussies have enjoyed watching Australian Test Cricket compared to most other countries.

I'm starting to think that Cowan is not the guy who will make way for Watson. Of course a Shaun Marsh ton could change my thoughts, but having Cowan up the top has given Australia some stability that we haven't seen since, well Simon Katich.

Ruckus

International Captain
That's what makes 2 Test series so frustrating tbh. It's really, really hard to get much out of them when it's one Test apiece, since it often comes down to the individual conditions of the Test/individual performances rather than the merits of the team on balance.
Probably glad in retrospect we only had a two match series against SA haha...think we would have lost badly if there were two more of them.

flibbertyjibber

If you were asked after the Ashes if Australia would take 2 series wins and 2 series draws against SL (a), SA (a) NZ (h) and IND (h) I think most people would say yes. England are certainly the benchmark, but Australia has shown that they are competitive in world cricket terms and they've played the matches in such an entertaining style, I'm sure many non-Aussies have enjoyed watching Australian Test Cricket compared to most other countries.

I'm starting to think that Cowan is not the guy who will make way for Watson. Of course a Shaun Marsh ton could change my thoughts, but having Cowan up the top has given Australia some stability that we haven't seen since, well Simon Katich.
Agree with that about watching the Aussie side, certainly made the last 5 months seem not as bad waiting for an England match.

As for Cowan you may be right, might be a bit gungho having Watto and Warner up top. Cowan looks a calm influence up there.

Spark

Global Moderator
Probably glad in retrospect we only had a two match series against SA haha...think we would have lost badly if there were two more of them.
I don't know about that. SA always contrive to not win home series against half-decent opposition somehow.

Losing Mitch (and hence playing Pattinson) would have made the bowling so much better too.