• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
And five bowlers becoming increasingly attractive. imo.
Yeah, Monty appears to be holding his hand up today. I still think it'd have been a more live chance if Bresnan was available tho.

My guess is, short of a Morgan runglut in the second knock, we might just fudge the issue and play Ravi as the nominal fifth option.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Monty appears to be holding his hand up today. I still think it'd have been a more live chance if Bresnan was available tho.

My guess is, short of a Morgan runglut in the second knock, we might just fudge the issue and play Ravi as the nominal fifth option.
Has Ravi actually batted on this tour? Sounds like the sort of safe option that isn't actually very safe at all.

Granted having Anderson plus two from Tremlett, Finn & Panesar as our last threee doesn't promise many runs once we're seven down, but that should be offset by having a five-man attack that's permanently threatening.

I'd probably play Panesar as the 2nd spinner after today's performance. Especially as Swann hasn't been in prime form for quite a while now, and the issue is going to be how we operate once the ball isn't very new.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmm it doesn't exactly look overly difficult to pick from the hand.
Well considering it's a completely different wrist position it's obviously going to be easy. Reading it is one thing though and keeping it out is another.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
There's no way England will play five bowlers in the first test. If things go badly there then they may later, but definitely not in the first test.

Will just be Broad, Anderson, Tremlett and Swann.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Na I think we will stick with it. If Bresnan had played we may have gone Prior 6 with Bresnan, Broad and Swann to follow and Monty being the 5th bowler. Can't see Bopara playing having not practised.

Xuhaib

International Coach
would not mind Monty playing the test match. it lengthens England's tail and recently we have handled some decent left arm spinners (Shakib, Herath) quite well.