• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So does the fact Finn isn't playing here mean he is in the test side next week and is being rested?

Bit alarming that Morgan has failed again but Cook just carries on and on and on.
Just think they wanted to give everyone a go really and seeing as Swann was struggling in part of the ICC game, he gets another go.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Pakistan have as rich a history of spin as India. They are a nation of bowlers fullstop.

Talha is a talent, but would I be right in saying he seems to have a noball problem? Similar to Gul and not Amir, of course :ph34r: . Is bowling a fair few.

Tremlett will really struggle on these pitches IMHO. Without Bresnan, England are missing something in their bowling attack here. They need someone skiddy and skilled with reverse. The batsman are just acclimatising. One or two might be out of form, but I think England will be fine in that department.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Pakistani bowlers have always had no-ball problems. Remember Wasim Akram.

Talha has pace though. He is supposed to be the quickest in Pakistan at the moment.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Talha is very much a rhythm bowler the day he's feeling good he will blow teams away but very often he just goes missing his domestic stats atleast showcase that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pakistan have as rich a history of spin as India. They are a nation of bowlers fullstop.

Talha is a talent, but would I be right in saying he seems to have a noball problem? Similar to Gul and not Amir, of course :ph34r: . Is bowling a fair few.

Tremlett will really struggle on these pitches IMHO. Without Bresnan, England are missing something in their bowling attack here. They need someone skiddy and skilled with reverse. The batsman are just acclimatising. One or two might be out of form, but I think England will be fine in that department.
Bresnan is cursed to be underrated no matter what he does. It'd be hugely foolish to think we won't miss him, but alas.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Don't know as I have never seen him bowl, but he is rated by Pakistani batsmen as the quickest. He is skiddy and probably hits the seam, so appears to be quicker than he actually is.