• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's only gone out nicking once this series...
Inside nicks count, heh.

That said, making number 3 your own is no easy task so would certainly not advocate dropping him. Reckon Marsh will cash in if he gets past his first 20 balls.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
If Neil Harvey's interview in a Bengali newspaper is to be believed, he said:

1. Bradman is the best-ever by a long distance and Tendulkar is the 2nd best definitely.
2. Ponting is not in the same class as Tendulkar.
3. Ray Lindwall is the best Australian pace bowler ever.
4. Alec Bedser is the best medium pacer he has seen.
5. Ponting should have retired 6 months ago.
6. Tendulkar should retire within a few months.
7. Tendulkar won't score a century in Perth. He has lost that golden touch he had when he was young. His feet aren't moving as quickly. He can score a century in Adelaide though. He will continue to make merry in the SC and not-so-green wickets outside SC. But he has lost the touch required to play those superb innings on tough wickets.
8. Ponting hasn't batted well during his hundred in Sydney.
9. India will struggle again in Perth.

Source: ?????????? ??????? - ???? (in Bengali)

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
You could basically replace everything he says with "cricket was better in my day" and you'd get the same amount of information, tbh.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
You could basically replace everything he says with "cricket was better in my day" and you'd get the same amount of information, tbh.
Not necessarily. You understand that when he says that Tendulkar is definitely the 2nd best batsman ever, he puts him above Hammond, Hutton, Headley. Right?

Top_Cat

Not necessarily. You understand that when he says that Tendulkar is definitely the 2nd best batsman ever, he puts him above Hammond, Hutton, Headley. Right?
Point that out to him and I bet he backtracks.

In anything other than batting, Harvey's been a bit of a running gag-reel of verbal poo for many, many years.

Last edited:

Sylvester

State Captain
Could be a welcome back Khawaja. Would be a shame for Marsh if ruled out, if there was ever a place for him to hit form again, it would be his home turf.

Spikey

Could be a welcome back Khawaja. Would be a shame for Marsh if ruled out, if there was ever a place for him to hit form again, it would be his home turf.
fairly confident usman could get past 40 if he was to play

but we'll bring in christan

Ruckus

International Captain
Marsh will be fine, surely. If he is, he damn well better make it to double figures this time though, because I don't want any "he was feeling out of sorts" excuses coming from Micky if he doesn't.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Worst logic ever. If dropping Kohli means "he will not enjoy his cricket anymore." then he needs to HTFU. Personally, I don't believe it. He doesn't look as if he enjoys his cricket anyway. Especially when dismissed.
Seeing as the majority of his career to date appears to consist of being dismissed, I sense a correlation there.