• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India:

Gambhir 5
Sehwag 2
Dravid 1
Tendulkar 7.5
Laxman 5
Kohli 2
Dhoni 2
Ashwin 1
Zaheer 4
Sharma 1
Yadav 0

Spark

Global Moderator
Pattinson deserves an 8 IMO, for blasting out the top order on Day 1.

Clarke deserves about a 14.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Warner-meh
Cowan-some number
Marsh-meh
Ponting-10
Clarke-15
Hussey-10
Haddin-go away
Siddle-heart
Patto-5
Lyon-didnt really do anything
Hilf-8

Gambhir-5
Sehwag-lulz
Dravid-:(
Tendulkar-not 100
Laxman-5
Kohli- -10
Dhoni- -10
Ashwin-5 for his hilarious tail end heroics

yeah I'm bored now.

benchmark00

Yadav's 24 ineffectual overs in the innings, in fact, were spaced over eight spells.

Perhaps he is injured, but there is nobody in the Indian party to ask, the team media manager's tasks being mainly to fill a blazer and to consume oxygen.
The Australian

lawl.

Spikey

Z went AWOL Hilf-2010 Ashes style after his first spell tbf. And there were a lot of spells afterwards

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Ok next question.. in view of the halfway point of the series.

Would you now bring back Watson if passed fit to bat, assuming at this stage he can bowl a few overs part time i.e. not fully fit with bowling yet. And if so, who would he replace? For those inclined to think it's obviously Cowan, I have 2 observations:

1. Are you sure you want 2 dashers at the top of the order when one of them is just returning and has been in shaky form with the bat for the past 12 months? Are we ready to ditch grafter Cowan already after 1 solid game and 1 not so solid?

2. If Watson is ultimately going to returning to bowling lots of overs (averaging mid 20's in the last 12-24 months iirc), and play as an allrounder, is the plan to move him down the order for him to be able to sustain this (by his own admission he's been struggling to open the batting straight after bowling)?

3. Following on from number 2, if he's going to move down the order later, why not slot him into the middle order now if anywhere.. but again... who would you drop?

Or is the guy just bang out of luck and really can't slot back into the team right now?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ok next question.. in view of the halfway point of the series.

Would you now bring back Watson if passed fit to bat, assuming at this stage he can bowl a few overs part time i.e. not fully fit with bowling yet. And if so, who would he replace? For those inclined to think it's obviously Cowan, I have 2 observations:

1. Are you sure you want 2 dashers at the top of the order when one of them is just returning and has been in shaky form with the bat for the past 12 months? Are we ready to ditch grafter Cowan already after 1 solid game and 1 not so solid?

2. If Watson is ultimately going to returning to bowling lots of overs (averaging mid 20's in the last 12-24 months iirc), and play as an allrounder, is the plan to move him down the order for him to be able to sustain this (by his own admission he's been struggling to open the batting straight after bowling)?

3. Following on from number 2, if he's going to move down the order later, why not slot him into the middle order now if anywhere.. but again... who would you drop?

Or is the guy just bang out of luck and really can't slot back into the team right now?
Watson probably won't be back at any point in this series, but there's no way in hell that he'll be left out when he is properly fit, and nor should he be. Australia's most valuable cricketer bar now who probably, on figures anyway, actually commands a place on both batting and bowling alone right now.

As for where he bats; personally I'd have him at 3.