• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Out of curiosity, is that next away series or next series outside of the subcontinent?
They're not due to tour outside the subcontinent for 2 years - which is pretty understandable when they've toured South Africa, the West Indies, England and Australia in the last year.

India's FTP commitments until the next World Cup:

March-April 2012 - Pakistan (h) 3 Tests, 5 ODIs (I believe this one's up in the air)
July-August 2012 - Sri Lanka (a) 3 Tests
August-September 2012 - New Zealand (h) 3 Tests
November-December 2012 - England (h) 4 Tests
January 2013 - England (h) 7 ODIs, 1 T20I
February-March 2013 - Australia (h) 4 Tests
July 2013 - Zimbabwe (a) 3 ODIs
October 2013 - Australia (h) 7 ODIs, 1 T20I
November 2013-January 2014 - South Africa (a) 3 Tests, 7 ODIs, 2 T20Is
February-March 2014 - New Zealand (a) 3 Tests, 5 ODIs, 1 T20I
June 2014 - Bangladesh (a) 3 ODIs
July-September 2014 - England (a) 5 Tests, 5 ODIs, 1 T20I
October-November 2014 - West Indies (h) 3 Tests, 5 ODIs, 1 T20I
December 2014-January 2015 - Australia (a) 4 Tests
January-February 2015 - Australian tri-series (Australia, England, India)

edit: There's a possibility of India v Pakistan in August 2013. Both teams are free, the space has been reserved in the calendar.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This team seems to be giving up far too often and without much of an excuse. Once a tailender comes in, they give up trying to get the wicket of the better batsman. The field setting has been horrendous. People who saw the game, did Dhoni get the field up at least when both Ponting and Clarke were trying to reach their century before lunch or when Clarke was nearing a 300?
Yeah mate he did.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They're not due to tour outside the subcontinent for 2 years - which is pretty understandable when they've toured South Africa, the West Indies, England and Australia in the last year.
Yeah that's exactly my thoughts.

They've been on plenty of tours outside the subcontinent lately, so they're going to be in the subcontinent for a while.

Would it be better if it was mixed in a bit more? Maybe, but maybe not. Playing in SA, England and Australia within 12 months should have been an advantage. The fact that they were okay-to-good in SA, piss poor in England and ok-to-piss poor in Australia isn't a fault of scheduling at all.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was one of those smashes down the ground he only plays post-100 - you have to be very, very lucky to catch that even if it's mistimed because he hit that seriously hard.
They spoke on the radio yesterday about how hard it will be take c&bs now with the way bats are.

Had a look at a couple if Gray Nics in the tent out the back day two. The edges on these things are ****ing ridiculous.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Would it be better if it was mixed in a bit more? Maybe, but maybe not. Playing in SA, England and Australia within 12 months should have been an advantage. The fact that they were okay-to-good in SA, piss poor in England and ok-to-piss poor in Australia isn't a fault of scheduling at all.
Who said it was?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Few days ago, there were couple of celebrities on the yearender and CNNIBN Indian of the year programme, saying they didn't care much about tests and Dhoni could be given a free pass as captain for 2 years, because he won the World Cup.
Has got pretty much most Indian of the year for Sports awards too.

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
Good that they are being more positive today.
was crazy last night imo. Both of them could have been knocked over in the last few overs even after the hour of putting the bat away, didn't achieve anything bar letting Clarke have an easier job.