• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Wouldn't surprise me to now see Tendulkar get the 100 this innings. Although I would think it should be overshadowed by one of the greatest test innings we've seen.

heathrf1974

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
He did the right thing. Tests are for winning, not records. It will be interesting how the Indians handle the same wicket conditions. Players who fail may have their current test careers under pressure.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
C9 keep on harping on about how this is good for Test cricket.

How is such an uneven contest good for Test cricket, I ask?

adub

International Captain
Couldn't disagree more. Forecast suggests there could be rain on the way, and he's taking no chances.

Winning the Test Match > Clarke breaking records
7.5 sessions to go. How much rain do you reckon is coming? and how long do you reckon it will take to take 10 wickets? They're talking about rain over night and some showers during the day, not losing a whole day or even a session. Why let them bat on the pitch whilst it's still great to bat on? I don't think we'll end up regretting it, but no where near ruthless enough for my liking.

If we do end up letting them make 600 and get rolled chasing 130 odd we'll look very ****ing stupid.

Sylvester

State Captain
Sehwag has scored 290 runs in a day, add runs from his buddies plus 1.5 sessions worth of runs and you could be looking at 650-700 somewhere in Day 5. Then we are forced to chase 100 odd runs and we know what happened last time we tried chasing that much. Don't see the need to give India even the hope of a miracle. 2 days is more than enough, if you can't do that then you don't deserve to win.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Why not just score another 6 runs? I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to look good here tbh.
I KNEW someone would say that. Such horse ****. Sorry, but it is.

In all isolation, without milestones, that was the right time to declare. And that's why he did it. End of.

Haha, wow..as of above 'if they get 600 and we get rolled for 130 we'll look stupid'. Yes, probably. Quite right.

Spark

Global Moderator
7.5 sessions to go. How much rain do you reckon is coming? and how long do you reckon it will take to take 10 wickets? They're talking about rain over night and some showers during the day, not losing a whole day or even a session. Why let them bat on the pitch whilst it's still great to bat on? I don't think we'll end up regretting it, but no where near ruthless enough for my liking.

If we do end up letting them make 600 and get rolled chasing 130 odd we'll look very ****ing stupid.
To be fair I think it'll be letting them make 600 then getting rolled chasing 130 that will be what makes us look stupid, not the declaration. I mean, we're 460 ahead.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Sehwag has scored 290 runs in a day, add runs from his buddies plus 1.5 sessions worth of runs and you could be looking at 650-700 somewhere in Day 5. Then we are forced to chase 100 odd runs and we know what happened last time we tried chasing that much. Don't see the need to give India even the hope of a miracle. 2 days is more than enough, if you can't do that then you don't deserve to win.
Only a loser would operate under the theory that they'd let India make 650 here.