• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Someone's got the match on their TV down at the other end of the corridor at work. I can only just see it. Is that Brett Lee with pink hair?

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Clarke is totally not going for any records. I'm pretty certain of that.
Thing is he's in a situation where he has enough time to get 400 without being selfish. I think they should try and push the lead to 500+ and If Clarke can score quickly, there's no reason he can't do something incredible.

L Trumper

State Regular
3 of the last 4 batsmen to pass 289 have been out in the nervous 290s (Sarwan, Sehwag & Cook).

Not now though. May be he even comes up with cap, it'd be awesome with no sticker bat and cap : old school

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
People massively under-estimate just how bad Bangladesh are when they compare other crap bowling attacks to them. An attack of Sharma, Praveen, Ashwin, Yadav/Ohja and Sehwag is faaaar better than Bangladesh's standard attack of Shakib, Mahmudullah and a bunch of a park cricketers. They are truly, truly bad and India having a below par attack just doesn't compare at all.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People massively under-estimate just how bad Bangladesh are when they compare other crap bowling attacks to them. An attack of Sharma, Praveen, Ashwin, Yadav/Ohja and Sehwag is faaaar better than Bangladesh's standard attack of Shakib, Mahmudullah and a bunch of a park cricketers. They are truly, truly bad and India having a below par attack just doesn't compare at all.
Uh no, my team is worse than yours.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Wonder who India will bowl - has to be Sharma at one end - I would go Zaheer at the other.

Ashwin will not dismiss him.

adub

International Captain
Clarke is totally not going for any records. I'm pretty certain of that.
No he's not at this point. The point is he's playing for the team to put a number up that India know they can't chase. We're not even at the half way point of the game FFS. Every run he scores is helping the cause. At tea if he's still there he'll start to think about the record and if he can afford the time to go for it (I think no reason to declare before last drinks break) he'll have a decision to make. I hope he goes for it. Chances like this don't come around more than once a career and then only for a very rare few.

Last edited: