• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

scorpio1990

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This should be treated as honeymoon series for some of indian players like Gambhir, Ashwin...actually it gives a good excuse for Dhoni - 'some of my team members were actually on honeymoon, so we could not perform as a unit" he would be scratching his head to come up with excuses after every match and series. Didn't he say, just before the SCG match start, that it was pre mature to write india off. I wonder what will he say after this test match

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This should be treated as honeymoon series for some of indian players like Gambhir, Ashwin...actually it gives a good excuse for Dhoni - 'some of my team members were actually on honeymoon, so we could not perform as a unit" he would be scratching his head to come up with excuses after every match and series. Didn't he say, just before the SCG match start, that it was pre mature to write india off. I wonder what will he say after this test match
What is he supposed to say? That it is right to write India off? A captain is supposed to infuse confidence into his team.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
When was the last time Siddle played in a test but wasn't involved in one of the days? What a nice change to not have to see the bowlers for a full day.

scorpio1990

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What is he supposed to say? That it is right to write India off? A captain is supposed to infuse confidence into his team.
Something along the lines that there is something wrong with the team.Didn't the BCCI claim that India's performance in England were the result of sudden and unexpected injuries or else the result would have been different.God forbid what would happen if the injuries were to repeat themselves in Australia.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I didn't comment at the time, but how bad was ZK's last over? He was bowling near 120 k's and had no direction in his bowling. He bowled plenty today, however his famed reverse swing never came into play at all. Not often you see so little movement from him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"As Zaheer missed that run-out, every Indian had his hands on his head or hips. Virat Kohli sank to his knees. They could all see that their last chance to make something out of the second day had missed by inches. Rahul Dravid, however, had the sense of occasion. Even as the rest came to terms with their disappointment, Dravid applauded Ponting's effort."

:wub: Dravid. Once again proving he the coolest member of the Indian cricket team.
Apparently when Dravid had his lean patch Ponting got in touch with him a few times to encourage him to push on. Word is Dravid had returned the compliment. He's a class act.

chicane

State Captain
251* with a lead of about 300, 3 days left and tired bowlers, perfect to go get a once in a career massive score, possibly the world record.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Clarke and Ponting are rightly going to get all the plaudits for fantastic/ATG knocks but I'm so glad we didn't get rid of Hussey on the back of one bad series. He's had a genuinely good 12 months leading up to this series, and it seemed like his name was just being lobbed in there because he was the same age as a chronic underperformer. Totally undeserved in my view and he's proving that right.

Would love to see him finish off a ton tomorrow. :wub:

sunilreddy

Banned
The best thing India have done is bowl their overs on time. There are positives even in the worst of days, as Dhoni would say.

:laughing::laughing:

_Ed_

251* with a lead of about 300, 3 days left and tired bowlers, perfect to go get a once in a career massive score, possibly the world record.
Yeah, no reason not to try to bat all day again tomorrow.

Briony

International Debutant
Clarke and Ponting are rightly going to get all the plaudits for fantastic/ATG knocks but I'm so glad we didn't get rid of Hussey on the back of one bad series. He's had a genuinely good 12 months leading up to this series, and it seemed like his name was just being lobbed in there because he was the same age as a chronic underperformer. Totally undeserved in my view and he's proving that right.

Would love to see him finish off a ton tomorrow. :wub:
It was NZ and SA though wasn't it?

The big question is do the selectors now persist with him through to the Ashes 2013. He'll make runs in the Windies and against SL next summer though he's struggled a lot against SA (early summer next year) the last three times he's played them. This Indian attack won't pose him too many further problems given what we've seen today and with Praveen (who might have swung the ball) injured. It's an interesting poser with Punter there as well,

As for Clarke, very good knock but the challenge for him is to go up the order and make runs and the next time the team is chasing a total to win a la Joburg and Hobart, not to fall cheaply with his furniture disturbed.

flibbertyjibber

Well he has 2 sessions to get it and still have ages left to collect an innings win. No reason not to go for it and only tiredness will stop him against that attack.

Satguru

Banned
Clarke has a chance to do it imo. He's scored at an amazing clip for a test match, and if he accelerates tomorrow, he could get the 400 at tea. Honestly, its all upto him, the bowlers have no bite at all, if he doesnt throw it away, i seriously think he has a shot. Would be epic if he did it :cool:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashwin?!? The guy was averaging 36 with the bat and 25 with the ball coming into this Test.

Dhoni is a big part of the problem, any seamer who doesn't have exemplary control is going to get messed around big time. Particularly with Fletcher's emphasis on pace. Duncan will keep trying to find some raw pace and Dhoni will keep sabotaging them with this ultra-****witted captaincy. The way India are falling apart must be coming from the captain's attitude and field settings to some extent, you can't just become that abysmal once a team gets on top of you without him playing a part. It's a poisoned chalice for whichever new fall guy comes in to replace Duncan Fletcher when he inevitably gets the boot as MS is untouchable. They'll also have to contend with pseudo-cricketers with huge egos like Kohli.

India's future in real cricket looks pretty bleak, the IPL clashing with County Cricket has shot themselves in the foot - serves them right really. They desperately need to play in that competition.

Oh and Australia batting much more than 2 sessions tomorrow will be overkill.

Last edited: