• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Athlai

Not Terrible
Guppy with the 11th equal best T20 score there.

Also possibly the best ever in NZ domestikz will check.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone else notice when his team-teams were congratulating Guptill as he came off that Mills' looked totally indifferent?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yes it is. Highest score for a guy in any NZ team.

(McCullum has a higher score than anyone but it's for Kolkata)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That inning by Guptil was truly impressive. Some of the average canterbury bowlers who are respectable FC bowlers simply couldn't bowl to him. He humbly put it down to having short boundaries. But some of those 6s went a mile over the boundary. The way he watched the ball all the way on to the bat and only looked up 2 or 3 seconds later was outstanding. It taught me some things to try on a saturday.

Whatever happens to his test career he needs to stick in our Limited overs teams forever. He is quite gifted (with apologies to Flem who doesn't like to talk about people being talented).

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Luke Vivian?

Wasn't he a lumberjack for his day job or something?
Haha, I love this.

Vivs wasn't a lumberjack, nor was his bat 5kgs like Martin Crowe was p*ssing on about. He could seriously smoke a cricket ball though. Now lives in the UK and doesn't play at all. Shame, he was a serious hitter. And played for the right club side, naturally.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, I'm sure someone on the TV said he was a lumberjack. I didn't make it up. Not that it'd be a surprise for one of the TV commentators to be ill informed, mind.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I think Crowe said he was like a lumberjack, swinging around his large piece of willow. Which by Marty's count was 13 pound or so. Wow.

HeathDavisSpeed

WHOAH!!! Must incredible catch ever. No doubts. Absolutely incredibly stunning. No words can express it, you have to see it.

Have to hope it's on You Tube soon.

HeathDavisSpeed

For those who haven't seen it yet, Brad Wilson goes to hit a six of Tarun Nethula. The ball is sailing over the rope at long on. Small dives over the rope, catches the ball and before he hits the ground, he throws the ball back in field to Michael Mason. Mason has to dive to catch it, but takes it cleanly. Superb!