• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Xuhaib

International Coach
my cousin had 100$ on a Lanka win for the last test made some decent cash. This time he's putting 300 on them.

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
Chandimal is expected to play on Tuesday despite the injury. Actually it's only a bruise. Hopefully it won't affect his batting and wicket keeping.

I think Prasad will replace Perera for the third Test, provided that Prasad is deemed fit for Test cricket. But then again there's high chance that they'll go with the 'winning combination'. TBH I don't see Perera making anything happen with the ball in Tests. Doesn't justify his batting position at no.8 either.

The bigger selection problem is with South African bowling attack though. Whom to drop for Philander? de Lange must play after his top class showing, meaning that either Morkel or Tahir will face the guillotine. I hear that Newlands is the most spinner friendly track in SA, so Tahir's prospects look brighter. But then again, going by what happened in the 47 match, has the track suddenly turned a corner?

Last edited:

AlwaysProteas

U19 12th Man
Tahir has taken 5 wickets at 202 and quite honestly bowled worse than that. I'm wondering whether introducing a spinner against a subcontinent team on SA track whose job isn't to contain is a good idea or not.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How come Kirsten hasn't had much success with South Africa, given what he did with India?

Briony

International Debutant
You'd expect that will be the end of Prince unless SA go back to the future with their selections for the tours in NZ and England. They do seem loath to pick young batting talent, if indeed the young batsmen are there to justify selection.

Interesting that there's been criticism of defensive fields to Tahir but it seems when someone is bowling so many four balls there must be protection in the deep. Sans Philander all of SA's bowlers seemed to be attacking which meant runs were leaked on a regular basis.

Sylvester

State Captain
Prince just hasn't been the same since his injury. Rudolph is very lucky, would look at dropping him if he fails again.

Lostman

State Captain
seems Fernando is out with an injury, never thought there would be a day that I would be disappointed that he did not make the SL side.:(

Briony

International Debutant
Chandimal and Fernando in doubt, the latter seemed to be limping at the end of the Durban match. de Lange misses out for Philander. The expensive and ineffective Tahir retained. Rudolph will bat at #6 but you imagine if he fails it will spell the end of his career.

If the SA batting fails here it's surely time to turn to some young talent, though like Australia their cupboard may be somewhat bare as they seem to turn to veterans like Rudolph, Prince and Petersen when in need of a replacement. Duminy is one but struggles agains the short-pitched ball. Perhaps they might showcase a youngster during the ODIs.

Last edited: