• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

howardj

International Coach
Nope I think an Ashes focus is unhelpful and too narrow. We shouldn't be defined by one trophy; by one series. Rather, we should focus on constant improvement, and building towards being the best team in the world.

adub

International Captain
As an aside, Bradman only averaged 58 at Sydney, by far his worst ground in Australia (100+ everywhere else). Might explain why he moved to Adelaide.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did average 90 odd in FC there tho. Michael Bevan in over 50 games there averaged 80 odd, maybe a non-Bradman record

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Not convinced India can cope with the Glare of Darren and Heart of Siddle and the fearsome reputation of 'Gentle Ben'. Even at Sydney.

Kinda happy with a whitewash, makes the next Ashes more interesting and I won't be able to watch all the matches anyway XD.

benchmark00

Not convinced India can cope with the Glare of Darren and Heart of Siddle and the fearsome reputation of 'Gentle Ben'. Even at Sydney.

Kinda happy with a whitewash, makes the next Ashes more interesting and I won't be able to watch all the matches anyway XD.
Darren is his brother, bro.

smash84

The Tiger King
If they lose the next match they will be rooted. Honestly think this series is their best ever chance to win here. You'd have to think they'll come at Australia hard in Sydney.
It would be good to see India fight back but I get the feeling that a big psychological edge has gone Australia's way and the Aussie bowlers will dominate from here on.

If Aus win in Sydney then I would reckon the series will go 4-0 to Aus. Too often the Indian batting has been collapsing.

Burgey

It would be good to see India fight back but I get the feeling that a big psychological edge has gone Australia's way and the Aussie bowlers will dominate from here on.

If Aus win in Sydney then I would reckon the series will go 4-0 to Aus. Too often the Indian batting has been collapsing.
Well if Australia win in sydney we won't see Turb for the rest of the series.

howardj

International Coach
Early doors in this Series, but Dravid really does seem vulnerable to the ball angled back into him. For a top order bat, he looks far too vulnerable to being bowled by the angled back, pitched up delivery. Australia will definitely be aiming at the stumps when he comes to the crease.

Flem274*

123/5
Didn't he commentate in the 'rebel' competition (ICL?)
Yes he did. He was involved in admin as well iirc. He was instrumental in signing Bond I believe.

Can't believe we're having a giggle at Greig, yet he logs on here as fast>spin, and the Mods ban him.

Poor form.
If it was him, the forum was saved from me ranting at him for being a smug, patronising git who deserves a cricket ball hit by a little Sri Lankan or New Zealander to thump him in the grill.

In saying that, I love his anti-BCCI trolling.