• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Some classic Tony Greig tweets over the past few days:

"Leave a bit of grass on the pitch and Indian batsmen get the wobbles. This is why they are known as ‘flat track bullies"

"I do hope the Indian run chase is not spoiled by a bad decision - if it is who will be at fault umpires or BCCI?"

"Slack performance by Indian batsmen - pitch a bit too flirty for them."

What a man.
Haha; best troll.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe we're having a giggle at Greig, yet he logs on here as fast>spin, and the Mods ban him.

Poor form.

adub

International Captain
Would prefer an unchanged team myself.

There's a lot of articles today about Australia being bullies and Pattinson needing to calm down.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. No.
I don't give a **** about calming down to stop Indians burning effigies or 'journalists' calling us bullies. I want Pattinson to calm down because he lost sight of what he was there for and what was working for him. When he started digging it in and pulling faces he reminded me of the old Peter Siddle on the way to another 0/100. The new Peter Siddle that pitches it up and gets enough movement to knock over Sachin driving is much better to watch than the old Peter Siddle that used to dig it in and try and intimidate batsmen (without often getting them out). I hope I never have to watch Pattinson doing that ****. If he'd stuck to the line and length that had worked so well for him he'd have got his 5-fer and Lyon would never have been needed to come on and buy the last wicket. A surprise bouncer every now and then amongst his good full bowling will be much more effective than short **** at tail enders.

Ruckus

International Captain
All we know about fast>spin is that he was using a proxy to post. Means it's *probably* a multi, but it could also be Greigy trying to post anonymously. :ph34r:
Intriguing indeed... but surely this is a man who wants the public to know his identity. His broadcast on Channel 9 to hundreds of thousands of viewers would seem to suggest that.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I don't give a **** about calming down to stop Indians burning effigies or 'journalists' calling us bullies. I want Pattinson to calm down because he lost sight of what he was there for and what was working for him. When he started digging it in and pulling faces he reminded me of the old Peter Siddle on the way to another 0/100. The new Peter Siddle that pitches it up and gets enough movement to knock over Sachin driving is much better to watch than the old Peter Siddle that used to dig it in and try and intimidate batsmen (without often getting them out). I hope I never have to watch Pattinson doing that ****. If he'd stuck to the line and length that had worked so well for him he'd have got his 5-fer and Lyon would never have been needed to come on and buy the last wicket. A surprise bouncer every now and then amongst his good full bowling will be much more effective than short **** at tail enders.
I think Pattinson can combine the best of both worlds, wouldn't want him to drop the aggression at all.

adub

International Captain
I think Pattinson can combine the best of both worlds, wouldn't want him to drop the aggression at all.
"Control, you must learn control" :starwars:.

If his aggression makes him bowl better, then go hard, if it makes him bowl **** (and it did yesterday to the tail), then he needs to pull it back.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Intriguing indeed... but surely this is a man who wants the public to know his identity. His broadcast on Channel 9 to hundreds of thousands of viewers would seem to suggest that.
Haha; I was taking the piss a bit. Ridiculously unlikely that it was Greigy; hence the ninja.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh, didn't bother me. Sometimes you've got to send a message to the batsmen that they get on the front stool at their peril.

Refreshing to see a bit of **** about a fast bowler who can actually remotely back it up. Haven't seen that in Australia for a few years now.

Ruckus

International Captain
Haha; I was taking the piss a bit. Ridiculously unlikely that it was Greigy; hence the ninja.
yeah so was I haha... although I wouldn't be that suprised if Tony Greig actually was some serial internet troll. Username would probably be TONYGREIG, or IAMTONYGREIG,ANDIHATEINDIANS or something of the like.