• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

adub

International Captain
I'm hoping to get a late call up like Luke Pomersbach did that time he got picked for a T20I.
And then get arrested and charged by police with failing to stop, failing to accompany police, driving with a blood alcohol level in excess of .08, assaulting a public officer, obstructing police and escaping legal custody?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Would prefer an unchanged team myself.

There's a lot of articles today about Australia being bullies and Pattinson needing to calm down.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. No.

Redbacks

International Captain
Would prefer an unchanged team myself.

There's a lot of articles today about Australia being bullies and Pattinson needing to calm down.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. No.
because we are

Pattinson is old school, some bite back in the tiger which is good as punter was the end of the line for agro. Patto can take blokes with him, just needs to keep it under control.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Aussie bowling attack looks so much more threatening with Johnson in the team. The variety he brings to the team, as a left armer, is invaluable!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The 'if' world is filled with endless possibilities. However since you want an answer could someone have done better than 0, 0, 10, 8, 5, 6 - I'd say there is a good chance the replacement would have scored more runs in each of those collapses.
Taking into account that the replacement has to bat on the same wicket? And that the very nature of a 'collapse' means pretty much everyone goes out reasonably cheaply? We're basically saying that in each of those situations there is a player out there who we're not picking, for whatever reason, who is better than the top 7. I hope that's true, and if it is then I agree with you.

howardj

International Coach
Point is they've done it before. Their records grant them a little selectorial largesse. & as the next in line seems to be Dan Christian, I don't mind Invers et al backing the chaps who've got the tee-shirts.

Hand on heart, do you really think Christian (or Bailey, Hughes, Khawaja or whoever) would've scored in this test more than Ponting or Hussey?
I guess the retort of Ponting critics (of which I am one) would be, hand on heart do you really think that Christian would have averaged as low as 22 for the calendar year coming into the Melbourne Test?

Granted, he has scored a few half centuries of late, but as pointed out by Adub, during those last four Tests even with those half centuries, he is only averaging 40. Nobody doubts he has good innings left in him, it's what in between those good innings, and what the team has to endure in between, that's the issue.

Another concern I have about Ponting's retention, thinking more medium term, is that you can just tell with this selection panel that 12 months out from the next Ashes series, they will do what the last panel did - namely, lock the team down with a "we can't make big changes this close to the Ashes" philosophy. They indicated as much when they announced the axing of Simon Katich; using the rationale that they wanted to bed down the Hughes/Watson combination in time for the next Ashes series.

So, unless they make the call on Ponting soon, we'll have the absurd situation of taking him into the 2013 Ashes; with the selectors actually thinking that, even though he got owned in the 2009 and 2010 Ashes series, he will actually perform better three years later in 2013 as a 38 year old.

Burgey

And then get arrested and charged by police with failing to stop, failing to accompany police, driving with a blood alcohol level in excess of .08, assaulting a public officer, obstructing police and escaping legal custody?
Aussie larrakin.

Cops love a stitch up. T_C to confirm.

Burgey

because we are

Pattinson is old school, some bite back in the tiger which is good as punter was the end of the line for agro. Patto can take blokes with him, just needs to keep it under control.
Someone explain to me how what Pattinson did was any different to what Zaheer does in staring at batsmen and talking, only from 15 metres closer because he has a follow through.
As Tomas has noted (or it may have been me four years ago), we have very nice guests ATM, til things go awry for them, then they smear **** all over the bathroom walls in a tanty.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Really important that we back up Melbourne with a strong Sydney showing. We're very much like a recovering alcoholic at present. In Argus, we've acknowledged the problem; with wins in SA and SL we have lengthy periods of sobriety; but every now and again we fall off the wagon with a massive Cape Town, Hobart-like bender.

Overall though, very much on the road to recovery - but need to be vigilant against those relapses.

:ph34r:

Burgey

Really important that we back up Melbourne with a strong Sydney showing. We're very much like a recovering alcoholic at present. In Argus, we've acknowledged the problem; with wins in SA and SL we have lengthy periods of sobriety; but every now and again we fall off the wagon with a massive Cape Town, Hobart-like bender.

Overall though, very much on the road to recovery - but need to be vigilant against those relapses.

:ph34r:
Haha indeed.

Need to steer clear of the Bourbon and Beefsteak next week.

Ruckus

International Captain
Some classic Tony Greig tweets over the past few days:

"Leave a bit of grass on the pitch and Indian batsmen get the wobbles. This is why they are known as ‘flat track bullies"

"I do hope the Indian run chase is not spoiled by a bad decision - if it is who will be at fault umpires or BCCI?"

"Slack performance by Indian batsmen - pitch a bit too flirty for them."

What a man.

Burgey

Some classic Tony Greig tweets over the past few days:

"Leave a bit of grass on the pitch and Indian batsmen get the wobbles. This is why they are known as ‘flat track bullies"

"I do hope the Indian run chase is not spoiled by a bad decision - if it is who will be at fault umpires or BCCI?"

"Slack performance by Indian batsmen - pitch a bit too flirty for them."

What a man.
Fmd he trolled hard in Melbourne.