• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

adub

International Captain
Hi peeps. Good bowling effort. Hilf does look improved to me. Not the bananas out of the hand he was bowling last year. Siddle too is doing what we've been asking for yonks - ie pitch it up. Pattinson was good yesterday too and could have had 3 or 4 wickets. Not used to backing up the next day yet though by the looks. Very happy with that (except for Clarke going full ****** with the fields at the end).

Jacknife

International Captain
It's really not much of a lead but given the momentum of the match it's hard to see India coming back.
Yes, saying that if India can get a couple of wickets for not that much, momentum can quickly change and with this Aussie line up anythings possible.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My call of Ashwin to score more runs in the series than Dhoni is off to a good start.

Pleased I backed Hilf, too. I've always felt he was a bit over-rated (well until recently when everyone realised he wasn't that good) but you can only fall so far back in the pecking order and suggestions that someone like Starc should be playing ahead of him were always just madness, IMO. He bowled a bit of dross in the evening session yesterday but overall his bowling has been very good this innings and he's deserved his haul. This doesn't mean he should be in the full strength lineup of course but it's good to see he's useful enough to come in when there's a few injuries and perform like this.

adub

International Captain
It ain't over till it's over. With our batting line up anything can happen.

What lead do people think we need here to be comfortable?
Melbourne hasn't been breaking up. Lots of good big scores in the 4th innings. I'd want same again for 350+ lead before feeling any comfort.

Ruckus

International Captain
I meant in terms of a team bowling effort tbf, not just Johnson and Harris on fire in an innings each.
I thought the first test in Sri Lanka (I think), with Harris, Copeland, Johnson and Lyon was an excellent team bowling effort. Lines were incredibly tight, we gave them absolutely nothing, and the pressure that was built as a result of that was palpable.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Colour me quite stunned that Ashwin has a Test ton.
The Star comms seemed pretty surprised too. To such an extent they all felt obliged to mention the fact.

Wasim: "Ashwin has a test century"

Shastri: "Ashwin coming off a test century in Mumbai"

Moody: "Ashwin's no mug with the bat, scored a century against the West Indies"

Anyway, very good morning for yer crims. 51 run lead is very handy and must be beyond all expectations when the score was 210/2 just before stumps yesterday. Some of the India middle and lower order should swallow hemlock tho. Talk about gifting your wicket.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i thought the first test in sri lanka (i think), with harris, copeland, johnson and lyon was an excellent team bowling effort. Lines were incredibly tight, we gave them absolutely nothing, and the pressure that was built as a result of that was palpable.
+1

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Star comms seemed pretty surprised too. To such an extent they all felt obliged to mention the fact.

Wasim: "Ashwin has a test century"

Shastri: "Ashwin coming off a test century in Mumbai"

Moody: "Ashwin's no mug with the bat, scored a century against the West Indies"
Ashwin's an all-rounder in the longer format. Always has been AFAIK. A lot of people seem to have missed that with all the excitement over his bowling.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good over from Zak first up. Last one drifted onto the pads a bit, but had found his lines and was moving it both ways before.

Looked maybe a little quicker thorugh the air too, but the Star coverage has no speeds showing so just guessing. Could be a sign he's trusting his body more now he's got through an innings without snapping.