• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Redbacks

International Captain
Today it was. Yesterday it wasn't really. From what I've seen on the shield streaming it's not really. So, naturally, I'm leaning towards him fluking it.
I think you are right to think it could be a short run thing, the three amigos have a good record over the past 2 years of not really learning much and making the same mistakes. I hope McDermott can make Sids and Hilf better. MJ is a lost cause IMO.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Been right for the last four Tests and now this one.

Anyway 0-1 India. Unfortunately, this is the same XI that's going to have to get us through the whole series.

Ruckus

International Captain
Today it was. Yesterday it wasn't really. From what I've seen on the shield streaming it's not really. So, naturally, I'm leaning towards him fluking it.
Yeah, people are so adamant his bowling has changed so much, but it really hasn't . I've watched him bowl in the Shield as well, and I couldn't see any drastic change. He is clearly trying to do new things though, which could probably account for the occasional atypical Hilfenhaus ball, but on the whole he usually just returns to his old ways. The end product is basically the same Hilfenhaus, with the occasional ball that is quite threatening, but also probably more rank stuff than there used to be as well. He still really doesn't look like he knows what he is doing, and for a 29rd old, I wouldn't be persisting with him in the long term (it's basically just like the problems faced with Johnson all over again). Useful backup option, yes, permanent member - we can do better.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You don't fluke Test wickets.

Hilf's had a good morning. I won't go so far as to say it bodes well but, srs, credit.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's really not much of a lead but given the momentum of the match it's hard to see India coming back.

Ruckus

International Captain
It's really not much of a lead but given the momentum of the match it's hard to see India coming back.
It ain't over till it's over. With our batting line up anything can happen.

What lead do people think we need here to be comfortable?