• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Expecting India to chuck away their position is entirely different from saying Australia were in the box seat at the end of day 2, which was clearly horse****.
But it clearly isn't when you're expecting for it to happen. If India hadn't lost Tendulkar before stumps, I would've said India is ahead if not at par, considering the batting order to come. Laxman has had minimal batting practice before this match, a few of us here expected him to look out of sorts this morning.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Bringing on Lyon does not seem to be the right thing to do with Kohli on his first appearance here. Cue Lyon rips through Kohli.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Terrified of jono's guy ? :mellow:
No, there's 100 runs in it. Look, it's not hard to work out, but let's spell it out so the 'tards get it (I don't mean you btw).

One team makes 330 odd. The other team, heading into what is usually the best batting day of the test, three down with one not out batsman the second highest run scorer in history on 70 odd. They have another bloke to come who has scored heavily here on numerous occasions, and they are only 100 or so behind.

They are in front. Why this is beyond the comprehension of people who purport to watch a lot of cricket, I do not know.

Now they've lost two quick wickets it's even, because they're one partnership away from a lead. If Australia jag another wicket soonish, I'd say Australia is in front.

Last edited:

Uppercut

No, there's 100 runs in it. Look, it's not hard to work out, but let's spell it out so the 'tards get it.

One team makes 330 odd. The other team, heading into what is usually the best batting day of the test, three down with one not out batsman the second highest run scorer in history on 70 odd. They have another bloke to come who has scored heavily here on numerous occasions, and they are only 100 or so behind.

They are in front. Why this is beyond the comprehension of people who purport to watch a lot of cricket, I do not know.
They've lost two huge wickets and AFAIC they're still ahead.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
But it clearly isn't when you're expecting for it to happen. If India hadn't lost Tendulkar before stumps, I would've said India is ahead if not at par, considering the batting order to come. Laxman has had minimal batting practice before this match, a few of us here expected him to look out of sorts this morning.
It clearly is. When you're 200/3 at stumps in reply to 333, you're in the lead. Even if India lose their final 5 wickets for no more runs right now, you were still in the lead at the end of day 2.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Ishant needs to bat for as long as possible. Do not fancy Dhoni coming in against Siddle and Pattinson with the new ball.

Burgey

It clearly is. When you're 200/3 at stumps in reply to 333, you're in the lead. Even if India lose their final 5 wickets for no more runs right now, you were still in the lead at the end of day 2.
This. If that scenario came to pass, India wouldn't say "we were never in front" they'd say "we pissed away a great position".