• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What did you think of the wicket today?

Siddle looked fairly comfortable, as did Pattinson, and for large amounts of the day Sachin and Dravid were untroubled.
Zaheer and Pattinson were the only bowlers that consistently bowled the right length and they looked like getting a wicket at any time

When Siddle pitched it up, he was very threatening

The other seamers were largely crap and it would not have mattered what the pitch was doing

Major difference was that there was very little turn, probably because wicket has dried out

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Zaheer and Pattinson were the only bowlers that consistently bowled the right length and they looked like getting a wicket at any time

When Siddle pitched it up, he was very threatening

The other seamers were largely crap and it would not have mattered what the pitch was doing

Major difference was that there was very little turn, probably because wicket has dried out
Umesh Yadav?

Ruckus

International Captain
If I was to rank all the bowlers so far I'd go (not including the part timers):

Pattinson>Sharma>Zaheer>Ashwin>Yadav=Siddle>Lyon>Hilf.

Ruckus

International Captain
I dunno, I wasn't that impressed with Zaheer for the majority of the time. The figures really don't do the performances justice in this game so far imo. Actually don't think any of the bowlers have been outstanding. Even Pattinson bowled better in the last game imo (better conditions obviously being accounted for)...main difference being, he didn't take advantage of the new ball well enough and bowled too short.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I had a thoroughly enjoyable day at the cricket today. India well ahead in this game, however the wicket of Tendulkar close to the end was crucial and will give Australia some fight going into the morning session.

My observations from the day:

Sehwag played one of the worst innings I ever witnessed from a near ATG batsman. I can appreciate the style of batsman Sehwag is, however todays innings was filled with dropped catches, numerous miscued shots that fell between fielders and not much stroke play that was all that exciting. I hope to see something better from him as the series progresses.

Pattinson was again very impressive today against what is the biggest test of young bowler. His bowling to Sehwag was clearly the battle of the day, and the two appear to have made enemies between each other. The only criticism I can level at Pattinson was he bowled a touch short all day. He only needed to push the ball up maybe an extra half-metre and more of those play-and-misses would result in edges. Hard to judge as Sehwag, Dravid and Tendulkar were all savage on anything pitching within driving length or through mid-wicket if on the pads.

It was great to watch Tendulkar and Dravid in another magnificent partnership. The Australian bowlers tired in the sun and they both seized the moment to take the game away from Australia. Dravid played a string of forward defensive shots throughout his innings that were far more delightful than any other shot of the day.

Peter Siddle was average for most of the day, and I know we all like to have some fun with the "runs in hard all day" jokes, however his final spell of the day to dismiss Dravid (reversed) and then bowl Tendulkar was simply incredible to watch. Bowled with such fire after what would have been a very hot day in the field. Crowd really got behind him which surely revved up Siddle.

Again, a great day of cricket. It's nice to escape watching Test cricket over Cricinfo or through the television and remind yourself how watching the game live at the ground is truly why I love the game. Also massive LOL at the poor bloke taking a dive on the vehicle. Sure to be replayed for many years.

TumTum

Banned
His bowling to Sehwag was clearly the battle of the day, and the two appear to have made enemies between each other.
Patto will make a lot more enemies throughout his career. Seems a genuinely nasty person, not the fake stuff Johnson dishes out.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Patto will make a lot more enemies throughout his career. Seems a genuinely nasty person, not the fake stuff Johnson dishes out.
I'm well aware of Pattinson's reputation. Not a bad thing as the battle between the two was awesome today.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No ****, talking about players like you know them personally is asinine.

If, as people are saying, this pitch won't be great to bat on last, I'd be OK with India having a small lead.

But we have to bowl a lot better than we did today.
Turn it up. Pattinson bowled pretty well but he's hardly a demon bowler. Pitch will have less bounce in it tomorrow which will also play into the Indian batsmen's hands.

Australia are nowhere near out of it, but you going on about how Australia are on top is total superstitious horse ****.
Yeah I dunno why people reckon the pitch is going to get worse, Shield games at the MCG this year, the pitch has just gotten better and better over the course of the game.

Best bet for the Aussies I reckon is patience. Accept India are going to get a lead but make it hard for them, push the match into the 5th day, bat time, etc. All out attack will just mean quick runs for India.

Ruckus

International Captain
I think it's absolutely imperative we go all out attack to begin with. If we can get Sharma very cheaply and quickly, and then either Laxman or Dravid, there is only Kohli left and Dhoni of the proper batsmen (one of whom is still really trying to find his feet in test cricket, and the other of whom is a hack :ph34r:)

benchmark00

People forget that India's tail always bat like Bradman against Australia. Thank **** Harbhajan Singh isn't playing.

srsly though, will be a g00d test for Lyon to see how he goes against the tail. Mopping them up is a large part of a spinners job.

Top_Cat

I think it's absolutely imperative we go all out attack to begin with. If we can get Sharma very cheaply and quickly, and then either Laxman or Dravid, there is only Kohli left and Dhoni of the proper batsmen (one of whom is still really trying to find his feet in test cricket, and the other of whom is a hack :ph34r:)
Quietly tipping Kohli for a ton. Set-up is perfect for a player like him, smashing around a demoralised attack after all the hard work done by others.

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
AWTA. One more wicket and Oz will be right on top.

Ruckus

International Captain
Hmm I dunno, if we can get Sharma and one of the other two within 15 overs tommorow morning, Kohli could be starting against the second new ball. Agree on the utter **** part ftr.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Quietly tipping Kohli for a ton. Set-up is perfect for a player like him, smashing around a demoralised attack after all the hard work done by others.
Good post for a laugh. Though its exactly opposite to what he does in ODIs usually. At 3, he sets the tempo for the Dhonis and Rainas.

Burgey

Bowling too aggressively to Laxman is a mistake IMO. You'll know after about six balls if he's in the mood. Just think you stick to your plans and bowl tight.

And if ****s bowl short, hook them.