• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I swear Pattinson could average 30 in Tests with that technique one day.
I look at this and think what Johnson could have been with the bat had he dialed it in a bit instead of always batting the same way.

Uppercut

This was when we went into spanner mode for setting the field... as it seems India are about to do.
I don't mind the tactic of setting an in-out field here, as long as the bowler doesn't mind it. Apart from cutting off Hilf's good shots, there's a good chance of drawing him into a false shot trying to poke the ball into a gap.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
No you don't need it. You want it. Cricket boards aren't suddenly going into penury because they won't play India unless they get on board the UDRS train. It's plain and simple greed. There's no moral high ground here.
There are only two series that make Cricket Australia money, they basically lose money on the rest of them, and they are then subsidised by the money brought in by Eng and Ind. Unless they were to shed pretty much all the programs that get young kids into the game and involve game development, they need the money.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
It will because they will be hoping for incorrect decisions to be made in their favour, there can't be any other reason for not wanting the correct decision to be made, none I can think of anyway.

Actually I thought it did show a small nick...
Generally when dealing with Indian bureaucracy these kind if holding up stuff for no reason whatsoever means the person is expecting some kind of bribe. Maybe Messers Hawk-eye and co missed a trick.

Beleg

International Regular
honestly india do not deserve a wicket here - their length's been shocking. the pitch is extremely helpful and they're doing a piss poor job of utilising it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't care much about raw speeds, but no speed gun at the ground? The star cricket feed doesn't show any speeds.
C9 is showing speeds apparently, star cricket isn't.

Star also has no rotator, and almost never show hawk eye or snicko or even bloody replays. Ads after every over.

Direst channel.

Last edited:

Burgey

I don't care much about raw speeds, but no speed gun at the ground? The star cricket feed doesn't show any speeds.
I know this was only asked 17 times yesterday, so I'll spell it out again.

There is a speed gun at the ground. We are getting bowling speeds every ball.