• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The "reception" on my mother's "television" hasn't been great & I've had to endure Star's commentary, but an interesting morning's play.

Jury still out on Cowan. He's either very disciplined or very limited. Or maybe a little from both columns.
More limited than disciplined, tbh. It's why I was wondering whether he should be given a go even in ridiculous form.

Agree with Benchy his other half is phwoar, though.

Ed Had his baggy green presented by Dean Jones. No doubt Deano took the chance to remind everyone about his 200 vs India in Madras.
haha, those 80's cricketers are so insecure. When I first met Flipper Phillips, introduced himself "Hi, Wayne Phillips, former Test cricketer." Later I was looking at a jumper and Baggy Green in the SACA offices, he put his arm around me and said "Know who's that is? Mine. I donated it because, y'know, I wanted to give back to the game."

EDIT: Am aware of the irony that I name-dropped, by the way, thank you.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Getting a Sobruto Banerjee vibe from Yadav, tbh. Couple of early wickets, nothing else for the rest of the match.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Apparently kiss cam was shown on the big screen. Sounds like fun.
Once saw a dude go to kiss his wife on one of those when I was in the States, only to turn around and smack his male friend on the lips.

That would have been funny even if it wasn't my fifth beer.

Ruckus

International Captain
Ahh I wish you could just start feeling comfortable watching Ponting once he starts getting into the 30's, but you just can't these days....

benchmark00

More limited than disciplined, tbh. It's why I was wondering whether he should be given a go even in ridiculous form.

I'd agree with that, and it was a point I made a few weeks ago when his name was put up for possible selection.

He has improved his front foot game though, to the point where it's reliable, without being spectatuclar. He's really strong on the cut (to the point where you used to look at his wagon wheel and 80% of his runs would be square of the wicket), and I note India haven't given anything in that region, he must've smoked the cut in the tour game and they're not feeding it to him.