• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar better than Don Bradman, new study shows

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Comparing art to sport, brilliant. Sycophancy/Jingoism comes naturally to Indian media in turns. I love the tone of finality in that article... and the sound of sheep bleating.

cool4u

Cricket Spectator
Behind every successful batsman, stands Kamran Akmal

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......That's Absolutely Right

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I don't think there have been many people who saw Bradman play for a while now. I think his legacy will remain.

I mean, people still talk about Hobbs as one of the greatest openers of all time.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
This thread mostly reeks of absolute direness. The usual suspects are at play, of course.

Burgey

Just saw the Jack Egan doco on Bradman. I'd forgotten that anecdote from Bill Brown about the Shueld match vs Victoria when they were playing for the Shield at season's end.

They used to get a new ball at 200 runs back then, and Brown was on 70 odd. Bradman said he should get his ton before the new ball. So as Brown tells the story he was 103 and Bradman was about a dozen, all singles.

When Brown was 128, Bradman was 129. That's a tad crazy really.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Just saw the Jack Egan doco on Bradman. I'd forgotten that anecdote from Bill Brown about the Shueld match vs Victoria when they were playing for the Shield at season's end.

They used to get a new ball at 200 runs back then, and Brown was on 70 odd. Bradman said he should get his ton before the new ball. So as Brown tells the story he was 103 and Bradman was about a dozen, all singles.

When Brown was 128, Bradman was 129. That's a tad crazy really.
hahah WAFG

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I watched it as well. Hadn't seen most of the footage contained in it, but it gives you an idea how good he really was. His late cuts looked like they required no effort at all, and his cover drive looked fantastic. And that isn't even beginning to touch on the pull..

And it shows that Larwood was bloody fast.

Burgey

Watching the Calypso Summer doco now?

Lol at Alf Valentine going out all night on a rest day of a deciding test playing the bongo drums and waking up the next day unable to bowl because his hands were swollen.

WAG.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Watching the Calypso Summer doco now?

Lol at Alf Valentine going out all night on a rest day of a deciding test playing the bongo drums and waking up the next day unable to bowl because his hands were swollen.

WAG.
Nah, parents stole the remote and started watching some Christmas carols thing, so now its CW.

60/61 has to be one of, if not the greatest test series of all time. The first tied test, great players on both sides, and overall fantastic cricket. Would be the one series I wish I could have witnessed.

Caught the first few minutes or so. Wes Hall's batting looked to be hilarious.

Burgey

Nah, parents stole the remote and started watching some Christmas carols thing, so now its CW.

60/61 has to be one of, if not the greatest test series of all time. The first tied test, great players on both sides, and overall fantastic cricket. Would be the one series I wish I could have witnessed.

Caught the first few minutes or so. Wes Hall's batting looked to be hilarious.
Aside from the first of the MCG tests, i think most every match went down to the wire.

The tie, Mackay and Kline, and the last test Australia won eight down. IIRC the Windies won in Sydney.

Burgey

Interesting to contrast Walters' reaction to making a debut ton compared with those of today's players.