• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
the cricinfo commentary guy on the end of the bangers series

"Pakistan, if you ask me, are in a very good position to take the series against England if they continue this way. Lots to feel good about. It will be a competitive series no doubt, but I'd put my money on Pakistan to win. A lot has been said about their scoring rate in this Test, but I guess it's irrelevant. I'd still like to see Umar Akmal though."

Hints @ spotfixing :ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
have a feeling Swann might end Taufeeq's career is this series or atleast put a hold on it also Hafeez might be that annoying thorn in Cook's side and stop him from scoring heavily.

smash84

The Tiger King
Toffee's career can be halted by half decent bowlers tbh (and England have them by the bucket loads)

Howe_zat

Audio File
I feel like an avatar bet on this series. Any Pakistan fans up for taking on Furball's points game with me? The rules are detailed as:

My bet is over the entire series, and is points based. Winner is the person who at the end of the series has scored the most points. Points are awarded as follows:

2 points per test win
1 point for whichever country has the most centurions over the course of the series
1 point for whichever country has the highest wicket taker over the course of the series
1 point for series win
.5 for Highest scorer each match
.5 highest wicket taker each match
Duration stipulation:

Since the teams' ICC rankings are further apart than I think is accurate towards Pakistan, I'll avoid that version of the duration, and suggest a simple 1 month for every point's difference by the end of the series. So for example if it finishes 10-4 to me, I gain your avatar for 6 months.

Since England go into the series as sizeable favourites, I'll offer a negotiable points head start for my opponent.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I like the points based bet, but tbh I would rather have it against Furball (no offence, it's just that I have picked out a good avatar for him in case he loses).

Bouncer

State Regular
have a feeling Swann might end Taufeeq's career is this series or atleast put a hold on it also Hafeez might be that annoying thorn in Cook's side and stop him from scoring heavily.
I am looking forward to Cook Vs Ajmal and Hafeez, this should be fun!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I like the points based bet, but tbh I would rather have it against Furball (no offence, it's just that I have picked out a good avatar for him in case he loses).
I'm open to changing the bet to my points based game if you want to do that.

edit: as for a stipulation, how does this sound - if I win, your avatar is mine for 6 months. If you win, my avatar is yours for 6 months plus 1 month for every point you win by (so to use Jake's 10-4 examlple, you'd have my avatar for a year.)

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I feel like an avatar bet on this series. Any Pakistan fans up for taking on Furball's points game with me? The rules are detailed as:

Duration stipulation:

Since the teams' ICC rankings are further apart than I think is accurate towards Pakistan, I'll avoid that version of the duration, and suggest a simple 1 month for every point's difference by the end of the series. So for example if it finishes 10-4 to me, I gain your avatar for 6 months.

Since England go into the series as sizeable favourites, I'll offer a negotiable points head start for my opponent.
Why not make it 2 months for every point you lose by?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't understand why people everywhere, especially writers on Cricinfo are talking so highly about Pakistan now. Yeah they beat Bangladesh..but even Zimbabwe beat Bangladesh so that's not really saying much is it.

And if I read one more article on Cricinfo about how good Taufeeq and Hafeez are as openers I am going to ban that site. I have seen them play for all their cricketing career and they suck.. It doesnt matter how many centuries they scored against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. They do not have the technique or skill to deal with someone like Anderson.

Gul is not someone who can carry a bowling attack for the entire series against a top quality side. The spinners are good but English batsmen play spin pretty well. Pietersen, Bell and Trott are all good players of spin.

It is disappointing for me to see medium pacers like Cheema opening the bowling for Pakistan.

There are two players I am looking forward to seeing - Azhar Ali and Junaid Khan.

Last edited: