• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

adub

International Captain
The craziest thing about moving Clarke out of 5 is the question of what happens if it doesn't work.

Say for instance that Clarke goes to 3 and like most of us would predict he just can't make runs there, and Ponting drops to 5 and makes a couple of scores. What then? Do we drop Clarke and give the Captaincy back to Ponting? Madness. Clarke at 5 and Captain is about the best thing we have going for us at the moment. To **** with that over some pissing contest is crazy. TC had it right. The problem is with the guys who aren't making any runs, not with moving the one guy who is.

howardj

International Coach
The craziest thing about moving Clarke out of 5 is the question of what happens if it doesn't work.

Say for instance that Clarke goes to 3 and like most of us would predict he just can't make runs there, and Ponting drops to 5 and makes a couple of scores. What then? Do we drop Clarke and give the Captaincy back to Ponting? Madness. Clarke at 5 and Captain is about the best thing we have going for us at the moment. To **** with that over some pissing contest is crazy. TC had it right. The problem is with the guys who aren't making any runs, not with moving the one guy who is.
Yep, I've come around to that line of thought too. When the team is flailing around a bit, you need to lock in the few things that actually work.

- Clarke at five works
- Harris when fit works (averages 21 FFS)
- Pattinson works (small sample admittedly)
- Lyon works
- Siddle works (so far this summer)
- Cummins, Warmer Marsh look like working

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Didn't know they transferred you to Canberra, where the rain I was referring to is (i.e. delaying the tour match).

You'll fit right in I reckon.

Midwinter

State Captain
Can't believe Uncle Arthur has guaranteed Ponting and Mussey their places for Melbourne.

We need their experience apparently...

Without their experience...what? we would score less than 47? we would get belted by an innings more than three times in the one series? we would lose to a team ranked lower than 8th in our own backyard?

Yeah, their experience is proving really valuable...

Think I'd rather some runs myself.
This

I would rather be losing with a team of up and comers than losing with players whose days are done.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This

I would rather be losing with a team of up and comers than losing with players whose days are done.
That's the strongest argument isn't it?

Ponting and Hussey aren't preventing the 47s and 98s all out. Can it get much worse?

howardj

International Coach
Taking into account all the media over the weekend, it seems to me that this will be the team they pick for Melbourne:

Warner
Watson
Marsh (Usman)
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Siddle
Pattinson
Harris (Starc)
Lyon

**Starc and Usman on standby
Actually, I reckon if Marsh is injured, Christian is likely to be drafted in at six with Usman to miss

Usman hasn't been especially impressive and, with back-to-back Tests, I reckon they'll be keen to take a load off the leather-flingers.

adub

International Captain
That's the strongest argument isn't it?

Ponting and Hussey aren't preventing the 47s and 98s all out. Can it get much worse?
'Scuse me Mr Ponting, Mr Hussey and Mr Haddin, can you with all your experience show me how to go from 3/37 to 6/67?

Sure can kid, hell with our experience we can so you how to go from 3/13 to 6/18. Sit down and let us show you how.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Dhoni not playing this game as well or something? Man that's a bad move if so.
Dhoni is listed in the side. As is Zaheer Khan. It's one of thise 13 a side jobs where they can interchange players*.

*Note: accordingly, there can be no protection of a player's average in this game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sorry you are right, they are playing Saha and Dhoni. I saw Saha's name first and assumed Dhoni was resting again.

Cheers.