• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

ganeshran

International Debutant
Australia will win the test series easily given our bowling woes. India will be competitive in the ODIs

Athlai

Not Terrible
Guys can we all just agree that Ishant Sharma isn't injured? He only went off because he had only been alloted to bowl 5.3 overs anyway. Thats all he needs.

Just because his "ankle strap" made him leave the field doesn't mean there are injury clouds over his head and to think that the BCCI are trying to spin this for no reason at all just doesn't make sense. I think everyone needs to understand that the BCCI are a direct and thoughtful board and would be perfectly honest about any concerns about Ishant.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was only pointing out that he had led from the front at No.3 position.Remember his innings of 90 after electing to bat on a suspicious looking Brisbane pitch in 1974 which set up a win for Australia in the first test of the Ashes series.Probably he was talking from experience.A few years back Ponting used to do it.So IMO there is nothing wrong in his suggestion as Clarke is the best batman Australia have
The rest of the article seems to be childish to say the least
Yeah but that's not what I was saying; the bollocks part of the article is about helping his standing in the team, something Chappelli didn't give a **** about. Chappelli is on record as saying you bat your best at 3 yet with his brother in side, that most definitely was not him. Chappelli didn't bat at 3 to 'lead from the front', he batted 3 because that was where he felt most comfortable (same with P00ntang, by the by).

Which is why, for the love of God, Clarke should not bat at 3 but stay at 5, even if he is the team's best bat right now. Pitchforking Clarke in at first-drop against the moving ball strikes me as potentially a disastrous move. Watto434me.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Can't believe Uncle Arthur has guaranteed Ponting and Mussey their places for Melbourne.

We need their experience apparently...

Without their experience...what? we would score less than 47? we would get belted by an innings more than three times in the one series? we would lose to a team ranked lower than 8th in our own backyard?

Yeah, their experience is proving really valuable...

Think I'd rather some runs myself.

Last edited:

Midwinter

State Captain
In an ideal world everyone would bat where they are best suited .

That is not the case with Australia at the moment.

It seems as if no one will take the responsibility to haul the team out of the morass it is in.

Clarke bats at No 3 for a few tests

Is that worse than the way the batting is going at the moment ?

Is it going to weaken the middle order ? :ph34r:

In a sense it may be right to leave things the way they are, because the top order is not making runs and neither is the middle order so what difference will it make ?

Deckchairs, titanics and all that.:(

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If Katich is coming back and Watson's fit I'd be playing Twatto @ #3 myself.

Warner
Katich
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey

I'm always anti tinkering with something that works (like Clarke at 5) to shore up a perceived weakness.

Top_Cat

A few guys aren't looking like making runs anywhere. The selectors need to do something about that before worrying about where to bat blokes in the order. Since they're clearly not going to, well, moving Clarke around won't solve the problem. Yes sometimes some blokes need a glass of HTFU in a team but in this situation, the elephant in the room is in blocking the fridge.

Bringing back Kat would be a mistake too, tbh. Whether he shouldn't have been dropped in the first place is immaterial to the fact he's not scoring enough runs to demand selection right now either. I'd be a bigger fan of keeping Khawaja in the set-up somehow, whether that be at 3 or to send him up to open and tell him to reign in his shots a bit.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Taking into account all the media over the weekend, it seems to me that this will be the team they pick for Melbourne:

Warner
Watson
Marsh (Usman)
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Siddle
Pattinson
Harris (Starc)
Lyon

**Starc and Usman on standby

Athlai

Not Terrible
Can't believe Uncle Arthur has guaranteed Ponting and Mussey their places for Melbourne.

We need their experience apparently...

Without their experience...what? we would score less than 47? we would get belted by an innings more than three times in the one series? we would lose to a team ranked lower than 8th in our own backyard?

Yeah, their experience is proving really valuable...

Think I'd rather some runs myself.
What team was ranked lower than 8th pray tell?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bringing back Kat would be a mistake too, tbh. Whether he shouldn't have been dropped in the first place is immaterial to the fact he's not scoring enough runs to demand selection right now either. I'd be a bigger fan of keeping Khawaja in the set-up somehow, whether that be at 3 or to send him up to open and tell him to reign in his shots a bit.
Coupla tons for the year, hasn't he?

I agree it'd be illogical given what's gone before, but there again it made similarly little sense ditching him in the first place. As it was a Hildick move, recalling the hirsute cackhander could be a way for Invers to mark his regime out as a new one.

Right here and now I'd back Kateesh to score more than Khawaja.

What team was ranked lower than 8th pray tell?
I think the implication is that Oz would do worse without Punter & Huss and, as NZ are ranked 8th and have just lost to them, they'd have to have lost to a team ranked lower to have done worse. Not that NZ are ranked lower themselves.

Top_Cat

Coupla tons for the year, hasn't he?

I agree it'd be illogical given what's gone before, but there again it made similarly little sense ditching him in the first place. As it was a Hildick move, recalling the hirsute cackhander could be a way for Invers to mark his regime out as a new one.

Right here and now I'd back Kateesh to score more than Khawaja.
Not against the strongest attacks but, well, runz iz runz, I guess. Probably wouldn't be the disaster I'm making it sound like but as a medium-term move, I'm not a fan.

That said, if there's one bloke who won't be terribly affected by having been ****ed by the selectors and could put his best foot forward straight away, it's Katich.

Joao

U19 12th Man
Taking into account all the media over the weekend, it seems to me that this will be the team they pick for Melbourne:

Warner
Watson
Marsh (Usman)
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Siddle
Pattinson
Harris (Starc)
Lyon

**Starc and Usman on standby
Does bold bother anyone else a lot? Don't see green tops being prepared for the India series and the thought of any mitch bowling to india on roads makes me nervous.

Starc to Sehwag: FOUR
Starc to Sehwag: SIX
Starc to Sehwag: OUT Caught at 3rd man