• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I haven't gone through your 25,000 plus posts to have the ultimate illumination about how you rate Tendulkar. I have accidentally read some of your trolls in the past few years. Maybe the posts I read are the worst among those 25,000 - but that to be true would have to be an extremely unlikely case of a random sample telling a completely wrong story about the population. From that sample of trolls you have come across as a poorer version of Karan to me. Basing my judgement on that sample I thought you were not joking. Maybe you didn't check the cricinfo scorecard, maybe you know what a FC game is, maybe you were joking indeed. But based on your sample of trolls I have gone through, that would be like Hitler turning a philanthropist one day - highly unlikely, but can happen. So, I am not disbelieving you in entirety.

Thank you.
Don't know what you've seen, but if you think that you aren't very observant then.

Understand please, that if someone makes an attempt at a joke you don't like (or don't get), that doesn't make it a troll.

Maybe it's a cross-cultural issue here that's going on. But if you want to make a joke at the expense of Messrs Ponting, Hussey, Siddle or whoever about them doing something on the field to improve their average, then I doubt you'd get a reaction as strident as a fish wife's, which is what yours was.

Be a good thing if you took the post in the manner in which it was intended. Believe me, if I wanted to offend you, you'd likely know it. As it is, you're jumping at shadows here. :)

Further, if you have a drama, report the post I made. I can't make you, but feel free. Hell, report all of them. That seems to be what the Mods want. You'll be the forum equivalent of a vexatious litigant. But you'll be in good (and crowded) company.

Ultimately, you will now take every post I make as being a troll or a bait.

Certainly, I should take some of the blame for that. I should realise that making a joke like that may offend people like you. And it is true that the fact the Indian team saw fit to cary on like a pack of whinging teenage girls who'd been left without a high school farewell date the last time they were here has clouded my opinion of them. But guess what, sport? I'm entitled to that view. You may not agree with it, and that's fine. It doesn't stop me from acknowledging blokes like Tendulkar are good players, even if I think he's a sanctimonious so-and-so. That's my opinion. You think the bloke farts incense, I don't. We can both agree he plays a decent cover drive, though.

Karan316 - nice comparison. You might want to look in the mirror though.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weldone/burgey, please just let it go, thread is getting cringeworthy.

Seriously hope the mention of Cooper for Australia wasn't serious, btw. Really??

Burgey

Weldone/burgey, please just let it go, thread is getting cringeworthy.

Seriously hope the mention of Cooper for Australia wasn't serious, btw. Really??
Well, let's hope it isn't taken seriously.

flibbertyjibber

I was taking piss yesterday when I mentioned him as a possible, never expected him to be in contention. Shows how low the stocks are at present that players have one big knock and get into thoughts of press/selectors.

Top_Cat

I was taking piss yesterday when I mentioned him as a possible, never expected him to be in contention. Shows how low the stocks are at present that players have one big knock and get into thoughts of press/selectors.
No-one, I repeat, no-one but journo's have said he's in contention. Bloke's only just cemented his spot for SA.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No-one, I repeat, no-one but journo's have said he's in contention. Bloke's only just cemented his spot for SA.
Is Cooper technically ineligible anyway? I know he's not a proper Dutchman, but he is undeniably a Dutch ODI player. Would that mean he's on an overseas contract at SA?

I know that was the reason Harris had to give away his Sussex contract, as QLD weren't willing to give him an overseas pro's deal there.

benchmark00

Is Cooper technically ineligible anyway? I know he's not a proper Dutchman, but he is undeniably a Dutch ODI player. Would that mean he's on an overseas contract at SA?

I know that was the reason Harris had to give away his Sussex contract, as QLD weren't willing to give him an overseas pro's deal there.
Nannes played for Holland then Australia in quick succession, so I think he may be ok.

Spikey

a Morgan/Nannes case eg he can play for the dutch in an oder and aus on the next day

Burgey

I think if it's an associate team he may be ok.

we really should get Brownlie back then :ph34r:

flibbertyjibber

Where have they got it from though? The journo's usually have a sniff for the side that may be chosen so they won't go with a story like that for nothing. Unless they are just trying to put pressure on the selectors to make a change no matter what.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I heard that Siddle and Pattinson had little niggles, and might keep them out of at least one BBL game. No concern about Tests unless they aggravate something beforehand.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cooper's definitely in closer contention than most would think IMO; he did get picked for Australia A a couple of weeks ago, and he's one of the few players to get a go in one of these tour games who is also an important member of a BBL squad. He's definitely still a little way back in the pecking order though, especially if rumours of a Katman return are true. The top six that played at Hobart plus Marsh, Watson, Cowan and Christian at the very least are ahead of him IMO but there's probably not too many beyond that.

Top_Cat

States don't really do international contracts in general. Cooper has a grade side (Uni, I think) and a state contract so he'd be eligible to play higher.

As for Harris, I dunno what advice he'd received that said it would be okay to go ahead and sign for Sussex with no release from QLD. I mean, he moved from SA because they wouldn't sign an injury-prone player for more than 2 years, QLD took him on for 3 years knowing they'd have to be careful with him and he signs on for a winter of county cricket? Can imagine QLD were more than a little miffed by it.

Where have they got it from though? The journo's usually have a sniff for the side that may be chosen so they won't go with a story like that for nothing. Unless they are just trying to put pressure on the selectors to make a change no matter what.
No idea where it's come from. Can only guess it's because he's scored two big tons.

Last edited: