• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that will happen before Sachin's 100th 100

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Agree with the article entirely. It's a made-up achievement in a vain attempt to single out Tendulkar amongst other greats of his era by his fanboys.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Agree with the article entirely. It's a made-up achievement in a vain attempt to single out Tendulkar amongst other greats of his era by his fanboys.
It would be a "made up" achievement if everyone claimed he had 99 test 100s. It is international 100s i.e. 100s made in international games across 2 formats. Grow up ffs.:p

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It would be a "made up" achievement if everyone claimed he had 99 test 100s. It is international 100s i.e. 100s made in international games across 2 formats. Grow up ffs.:p
No, I mean in the sense that it should be garnering this much celebrity. One can score one more run on aggregate and that too is an achievement in the strictest sense of the word. But does it deserve this kind of fuss? Hell no. It's just another excuse to overrate the guy or try to bring him to the level of Bradman. Don't ask his fans though; they'll just think we're all jealous. :laugh:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Predict next 3 pages of absolutely dire posting from here on. The sane ones can prevent that from happening, however.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
RE thread title, my prediction for Dravid to reach 50 hundreds seems to be going along nicely

Howe_zat

Audio File
No, I mean in the sense that it should be garnering this much celebrity. One can score one more run on aggregate and that too is an achievement in the strictest sense of the word. But does it deserve this kind of fuss? Hell no. It's just another excuse to overrate the guy or try to bring him to the level of Bradman. Don't ask his fans though; they'll just think we're all jealous. :laugh:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Er, not really. And, to clarify, my statements don't refer to 90% of the posters here who are his fans. I am talking about in general when you view the subject come up in news articles or interviews with former players. It gets an inordinate amount of attention and seemingly every time it is discussed they drag Bradman's name into it - as if the milestone is going to suddenly take him into that level, as a rival.

If Tendulkar retired now, on 99, it'd not demean his career any and if he got 100 and retired it wouldn't enhance his reputation any as far as I am concerned.