• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that will happen before Sachin's 100th 100

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at Australia's bowling attack for the New Zealand series I reckon Tendulkar will get his 100th 100 on the 26th of December.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the most concerning thing about all the debuts now is that we're debuting them now instead of against sachin

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Love this piece, agree with pretty much every word.

Mukul Kesavan: Why Tendulkar's 100th hundred doesn't matter | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Comments section typically lolworthy, and would be even moreso if they weren't so deadly serious. And so numerous.
meh article if you ask me. Many people seem to be finding it an easy way to appear one level higher intellectually by pointing out that you cannot add test and ODI stats. Everyone knows that !! Shocked? All "landmarks" are artificial anyways, we still talk about them just for an effect. What's the big deal about scoring a test 100, if you want to ask an even more basic question? If humans were born with 8 fingers instead of 10, we would be counting number of 64s.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Many people seem to be finding it an easy way to appear one level higher intellectually by pointing out that you cannot add test and ODI stats. Everyone knows that !!
Really? There are about a million stories, blogs, posts and commentaries at the moment that suggest otherwise.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Well personally records mean **** all to me. Whether we're talking Tendulkar's number of runs, Bradman's average, Murali's wickets or hell Federer's grandslams. I've never found them interesting

Having said that, the writer is talking **** when he says ODI hundreds are easier than test hundreds. It depends on the situation. There are easy ODI hundreds, hard ODI hundreds, and vice versa in tests. Don't get his point at all. Yeah they require different skills, but one isn't easier than the other

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's an exciting record because no-one's done it before, no one's got close and it's hard to imagine anyone matching it for decades to come. We generally don't add international hundreds, but that's because no one else has given us such a reason to.

And yes, ODI tons matter too, because they matter to him and to his fans. To use a PEWSian, it's his job to score not just Test hundreds, but international hundreds. And he's done it massively more so than the next guy.

Besides anomalies like Ramprakash, nobody counts the most First Class hundreds any more, because the game has changed to the point where domestic cricket is less relevant. But the enduring record of Jack Hobbs' career is his 199 FC tons, not his Test figures. We make an exception in Hobbs' case, because that number shows that he was just that good. We can do the same for Tendulkar.

I don't especially care about the specific mark of the hundredth hundred (and I'll certainly be hiding from Cricinfo for a while when he gets it - everything he does is a record these days, we don't need a bunch of new articles every time) but long after he has retired it's his international hundreds that should be the figure he'll be most proud of, and the one people should rave about, if they must.

It's his thing. It's what makes him special.