• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Athlai

Not Terrible
Reasonably happy with that session from NZ. A hundred runs in 33 overs for the wickets of Ponting and Hussey is not bad at all.

I wish Clarke was the type of batsman to give it all away just after he gets to 100, but he's not.
His HS is 168 and he has 16 tons, not exactly the most prolific "big" hundred scorer.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Might have just been a WIN thing but they went to a random sponsor/"on tonight" break after Clarke got the single to go to 99 and we missed the last two balls.
Nah didn't happen here, just a country redneck thing obv.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah that half an inch clearly gave him the edge. It was unplayable.
I dunno, I don't have stats to back this up or anything, but I'd swear there is a proportionally higher amount of wickets in no ball deliveries than for legal ones.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not holding my breath for a 'Clarke rode his luck, that's so good for you' article on Cricinfo from Brettig tomorrow.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
so, the 3rd 100 in his 6th match as test cap'n. good on pup!

and ponting keeping father time and pretenders to the throne at bay.

still think that he should be tapped on the shoulder prior to the indian series, assuming marsh is fit by then.

Redbacks

International Captain
I dunno, I don't have stats to back this up or anything, but I'd swear there is a proportionally higher amount of wickets in no ball deliveries than for legal ones.
It's like a case in SA recently where someone was turning across traffic and was hit by a speeding driver whose lawyer tried to claim 'speed wasn't a contributing factor', it's about being able to judge the ball. Shorten the delivery distance and you gain an edge.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think it would have made any notable difference though.

Having said that, zero sympathy for Bracewell. Get your foot behind the ****ing line!