• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I think you have to stick with him for the second test. Give him the benefit of the doubt. But there is no argument that he's been dreadful so far.

Spark

Global Moderator
It might not be the best of shots, but that short arm pull-shot is great to watch.
It's almost unique to Clarke, I don't know anyone who plays it as effectively as he does.

meanwhile huss racking up close to 30 balls against vettori without scoring

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think you have to stick with him for the second test. Give him the benefit of the doubt. But there is no argument that he's been dreadful so far.
Depends on if he ends up picking up a few wickets IMO. If he keeps going for a bit of tap for no reward then I don't think he'll do any better on the road of Hobart. Mind you, Boult may not do any better.
Still, I'd pick Boult and give Bracewell a few domestic games before maybe recalling him for home tests, depending on how Boult does in Tassie.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Brownlee.

Give Bracewell two more to see if he can get his length. Rather the batsmen change ends, tbh.

Good move by Taylor to stand at mid-off. Good captaincy.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty much agree. Once you've picked* a young talented guy it's a bad move to drop him after one bad test. That he probably shouldn't have been picked in the first place is immaterial now. Would be difficult for Boult to debut at this point too.

* for reasons other than injury to a regular front-line bowler

Sylvester

State Captain
Clarke hasn't looked quite as convincing since making his 50. A few iffy shots earlier and now edging Bracewell.

Ruckus

International Captain
That's right where Bracewell wants to pitch them, same spot Siddle was getting his wickets....maybe a tad less full actually.

Spark

Global Moderator
He fluctuates a lot doesn't he. Not someone like Ponting or Hussey when they get going, they are hard to stop.
Oh Clarke is hard to stop too once he gets going (has a quality conversion rate), he just looks weird at times. Goes into little patches where he just looks weird... while scoring at a run a ball. Rarely lasts more than a few overs though.

Meanwhile Hussey finally gets a run off Vettori.