• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
just got in

hughes good ball or not

should be time for ponting to play a silly lazy shot

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Khawaja is so much better than Hughes that it isnt funny and there is no way that the former should be dropped when Marsh and Watson are available again
Surely no cricket watcher would disagree. Usman looks a class above. He just needs some decent/big scores to cement his place, but you get the feeling he has a better technique to fall back on when the going isn't so easy, whereas Hughes is giving every impression of the flattest of flat track bullies these days, looks all at sea in defence 100% of the time, Usman is ROCK SOLID in defence.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
qft. A true test quality batsman in the making. Once he gets a taste for tons I reckon he'll feast.
Looks very well organised against pace but has a bit of work to do against spin

Unlike Hughes, who fails 50% of the time he bats, he is not a walking wicket early in his innings

TumTum

Banned
Surely no cricket watcher would disagree. Usman looks a class above. He just needs some decent/big scores to cement his place, but you get the feeling he has a better technique to fall back on when the going isn't so easy, whereas Hughes is giving every impression of the flattest of flat track bullies these days, looks all at sea in defence 100% of the time, Usman is ROCK SOLID in defence.
True, but Hughes >>>>>. Khawaja against spin.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm actually sick of the armchair fans bagging out Hughes. Yes his technique may not be good but he's been the best batsman in the Sheffield Shield by far, he deserves to get an extended go.

That said, I'm slowly losing patience over him, and if it comes down to picking the Prince, Uzzy or Darsh, I'd drop the Prince.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm actually sick of the armchair fans bagging out Hughes. Yes his technique may not be good but he's
been the best batsman in the Sheffield Shield by far, he deserves to get an extended go.

That said, I'm slowly losing patience over him, and if it comes down to picking the Prince, Uzzy or Darsh, I'd drop the Prince.
Did you just bag him out in a post about frustrations over bagging him out? WTF