• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Spikey

Dougeh's done

Picking him as a stop-gap for a few tests would be seen as a backward step IMO
Picking Siddle is a bigger stop-gap

boom tish

Picking a stop-gap isn't bad imo. Starc and Pattinson ain't ready right now. Bollinger filling in for a few tests is hardly horrible.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Ahahaha

Heals: 'I've had enough of this corridor swing rubbish, get it half-way down!'

Beauty well pitched up beats the bat

Meridio

International Regular
Danger time for NZ. Just when we look like we can push an advantage is traditionally when we throw it away in a spectacular collapse.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not good enough for shield cricket, but good enough to score runs against the Aussie test team. Thank you Australian domestic selectors :)
Haha yep. Stewart Rhodes not being good enough to make Penrith's first grade side consistently and then getting picked for Wellington is funny because he's actually dire, but Brownlie not getting a WA contract at any stage is basically just being shown up as a mistake from the Warriors. It's nothing for Australian cricket to be proud of at all.

morgieb

boom tish

Picking a stop-gap isn't bad imo. Starc and Pattinson ain't ready right now. Bollinger filling in for a few tests is hardly horrible.
Man has a fair point. My only concern is that I'm not sure what state Bollinger is in for 5-dayers.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

boom tish

His last few tests have been **** and they were at his peak

Anyway, if the thinking was "stop-gap", Hilf would be playing here

Spikey

Haha yep. Stewart Rhodes not being good enough to make Penrith's first grade side consistently and then getting picked for Wellington is funny because he's actually dire, but Brownlie not getting a WA contract at any stage is basically just being shown up as a mistake from the Warriors. It's nothing for Australian cricket to be proud of at all.
I think WA were right to pick. um. Marsh? I can't think of any player that might have kept him out really. WA's batting has sucked for a fair while.

Spikey

His last few tests have been **** and they were at his peak

Anyway, if the thinking was "stop-gap", Hilf would be playing here
ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahhahahahahahaahhahaahah

hahahahahahaha

morgieb

tbf the Western Warriors had some gun batting lineups back in the day, but surely he was better than quite a few of their players, looking at him bat?

Still doubt he'd had played tests even if WA picked him though so good on him for choosing to chase his dreams. I certainly can't blame him.

Top_Cat

Props to Vettori, not exactly a slow ton this will (likely be). Going at all but 80.

EDIT: LAWL.