• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pattinson looks a little scary on his follow-through. Not orc/ogre scary like Siddle but like he wants to murder someone,

Lyon is the best of our bowlers. How dire. Cummins and Copeland for Hobart.
Predicting that Copeland's next test will be at Adelaide on a road when it's a million degrees

Selectors will then determine that he's not fast/penetrative enough for test cricket

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How long is Harris out for btw?

It'll be interesting to see what they do if he's still out. Pattinson's probably further ahead in the queue, but Starc was much more effective yesterday, despite being crap today.
They'll retain whichever of the two performs better in this match; I think they were close enough before it for anything else not to matter much, other than perhaps the variety Starc offers. So far Starc would be ahead.

Then again, I think Bollinger may be fit for the second Test.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why is Vettori's conversion rate so poor? Seems like he's a much better batsman than one that has scored 6 centuries (which for an all-rounder is not that bad, admittedly).
Because he's spent the vast majority of his career at 8 and 9, with Martin at 11. Hard to score tons like that.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah I saw a twitt somewhere saying he was bowling again, but - without looking at the fixture - i would have thought Dougeh wouldn't get to play an NSW match before the 2nd test. so.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't realise someone who has been posting on here for years could be so oblivious to the career of Daniel Vettori.

Pothas

Yeah, fair shout, though Chappell is more opinionated than knowledgable IMO
Nah he is opinionated and knowledgable, can see why he can anoy the hell out of people but always find him interesting at least in short bursts. Woud certainly take him over just opinionated (Botham at his worst)

social

They'll retain whichever of the two performs better in this match; I think they were close enough before it for anything else not to matter much, other than perhaps the variety Starc offers. So far Starc would be ahead.

Dougeh's done

Picking him as a stop-gap for a few tests would be seen as a backward step IMO

Polo23

International Debutant
This isn't good.

The fact that Brownlie's scoring runs despite the fact that the main reason why he's even playing for New Zealand is that he wasn't good enough for Shield cricket makes me feel the same way to Saffies when Pietersen and Trott score runs. :p
Not good enough for shield cricket, but good enough to score runs against the Aussie test team. Thank you Australian domestic selectors :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Smithy reckons Dougeh will be a better batsman than bowler. Thats pretty interesting.
I remember he always used to say that about Franklin when he was batting 10 and gunning it as an opening bowler, and he was right there, although not quite for the reason most would've hoped...