• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
u know i am eating my words. i called this a probable snoozefest and while it was that for large parts of the first 3 days it has really redeemed itself. with tendulkars 100 then needing to save follow on then ashwins 100 then WI collapse then india chasing.

interesting.
The Mumbai pitch has always been like this.(Though not this flat initially.)

Once it starts to deteriorate, it does so very quickly.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't know about "redemption". This tends to happen, but I don't think that fully excuses 4 days of snooze - people paid money to go to the ground on those days.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sad thing is this is the sort of pitch many boards would love, 5 guaranteed days of paying customers and a tight finish. Doesn't matter how they got there they will claim it as a success afterwards.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know about "redemption". This tends to happen, but I don't think that fully excuses 4 days of snooze - people paid money to go to the ground on those days.
Though it was too flat this match at the start, Tbf from the curators point of view he is better off erring on the side of a flat wicket than one which has a 3rd day finish.

The Mumbai red soil deteriorates so quickly under the sun that if he prepares a wicket which is not fully compact initially, then it will break up too soon and the ICC (with the Windies batting lineup possibly collapsing) will be moaning about everything from uneven bounce to too much spin.
But on the other hand if it results in a 5 day draw for being too flat, then there isn't any precedent for any warnings.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I simply can't believe there are no slips to Dhoni at the moment. It's almost a sackable offence on its own. Really shoddy captaincy.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Wtf Dhoni?

His test form has taken a beating in recent times despite that century where he was again iffy at the start.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well this is interesting.

Just followed the commentary for the Windies "innings", had prepared a massive diatribe, then saw the current scoreline.

For those watching, has the pitch broken up a great deal?