• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's not Sehwag's job alone. The old hacks - Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman - should go all out for it. You can risk a 2-1 outcome in pursuit of a 3-0, surely.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If Sehwag stays for atleast 15 overs India can do this easily.
People always say this about the likes of Sehwag/McCullum/Tamim in Tests. But does it ever actually happen? Do they ever score massive fast scores in the 4th innings of a match and win it? I can't think of this ever happening.

Shri

Mr. Glass
People always say this about the likes of Sehwag/McCullum/Tamim in Tests. But does it ever actually happen? Do they ever score massive fast scores in the 4th innings of a match and win it? I can't think of this ever happening.
In Chennai against England in 2008. Sehwag scored a 80 odd chasing 387 iirc.

sunilreddy

Banned
The opponent is West Indies....so very much possible :p

miscer

U19 Cricketer
2nd Test: India v England at Mohali, Mar 9-13, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
76* SR 85

1st Test: India v England at Chennai, Dec 11-15, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
83 SR 122

so yea it's not likely but has happened. he has a few more 50s but in draws n defeats all SR 80+

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's not Sehwag's job alone. The old hacks - Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman - should go all out for it. You can risk a 2-1 outcome in pursuit of a 3-0, surely.
Surely it's an opportunity to change the batting order a bit and move up the likes of Dhoni.

I think it's set up for a Gambhir special personally.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Cricinfo said:
The record for highest total to lose a match belongs to Australia, who lost after scoring 586 in the first innings in Sydney in 1894-95. That match involved a follow-on too, but it happened in a timeless Test. West Indies will have outdone that record massively because this is happening in the time frame of five days. They will dearly love to avoid that dubious distinction.
z

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Should have tried something different. Tendulkar or Laxman or Kohli at #3 would surely have been better than Dravid coming in as usual. :dry:

Athlai

Not Terrible
West Indies are lucky Rampaul and Fidel are some of the best bowlers they've had in recent years mentally. Imagine if Powell was bowling right now? He'd be abandoning ship and manning the life boats already.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
...predicted an Indian win in this very particular thread at the end of day 2 when West Indies were piling 550+ in the first innings :cool: