• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Flem274*

123/5
Dougeh is obvz our bestest bowler.:cool:

The dismissal sounded unusual for an Aussie batsman; you don't bounce many out unless you're bowling some seriously vicious stuff.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dougeh is obvz our bestest bowler.:cool:

The dismissal sounded unusual for an Aussie batsman; you don't bounce many out unless you're bowling some seriously vicious stuff.
Southee got an edge from a bouncer before, it went over the keeper's head though.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Meh, Warner's not all that much chop. Keep him quiet for a few overs and he will get himself out from frustration.

Cue him scoring a Barrington-esque 150 from 400 balls in the first test.

Credit where it's due: Martin's spell of 6 overs for 8 runs definitely curtained the Warner onslaught. I can see the argument for having Martin in the side as the 3rd seamer to tie up an end whilst the youngsters attack.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Dougeh having a good day.

You could see that wicket coming. Martin and Williamson did a masterful job of really pulling back the run rate and applying pressure to the usually free scoring Warner.

I think that's the blueprint for NZ to take wickets. Use the experience of Vettori and Martin to dry up the runs, allowing Bracewell and Southee to attack.

Credit where it's due: Martin's spell of 6 overs for 8 runs definitely curtained the Warner onslaught. I can see the argument for having Martin in the side as the 3rd seamer to tie up an end whilst the youngsters attack.
AWTA

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I've never quite got this thing of Martin being a "tie the batsman down" bowler - his career economy is about 3.4, which is on the high side.

Batista1

Cricket Spectator
looks likely that Warner and Pattinson will debut for Australia

My prediction:

Australia's line-up

Warner
Hughes
Khawaja
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Siddle
Copeland
Pattinson
Lyon

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
looks likely that Warner and Pattinson will debut for Australia

My prediction:

Australia's line-up

Warner
Hughes
Khawaja
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Siddle
Copeland
Pattinson
Lyon
That's got to be the weakest Australian test side in 20 years.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Is replacing Johnson with Pattinson and Watson (out of form) with Warner truly weakening Australia though?

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is replacing Johnson with Pattinson and Watson (out of form) with Warner truly weakening Australia though?
Definitely, IMO.

Watson may not have been have great batting form but he's still a better batsman than Warner and, crucially, was bowling the house down.

Furthermore, as much as I wanted Johnson dropped, I have more faith in him than Pattinson.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah can't say I'm thrilled with the prospect of Pattinson playing but ssrly everyone else is injured.