• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
They've probably already made that agreement TBH. This pitch was created for one reason and one reason only. At least Tendulkar looks like he's got the good grace to hold up his end of the deal.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Would love to see how he goes in tests when he doesn't put pressure on himself by thinking about records.

Woodster

International Captain
we have pitches like this and yet Galle is the one that gets reported. ICC ... 8-)
Yes I know, ridiculous isn't it ? At least that was a good contest between bat and ball, that is sadly lacking here, and as a result the interest factor wanes somewhat.

Wouldn't begrudge the great Sachin an opportunity to score a hundred on a pitch perfectly made for him. He has scored many of his 99 hundreds on pitches where he was made to work much harder for his three figures. Can allow him this freebie!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tomortow's the day I reckon. Fitting he should do it at home too. Hope there's a big crowd in. Would only be right.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Tomortow's the day I reckon. Fitting he should do it at home too. Hope there's a big crowd in. Would only be right.
Maybe the tickets are sold out already:p I went to see the match today, was thinking of buying tomorrow's ticket while moving out, but when I came out, I saw people standing in a line which was looking unending.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
For anyone in the know, will there be tickets available for tomorrow or are they sold out?
Most probably they are sold out. There was a very huge line today, I don't think there will be any tickets left now that Sachin is not out.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Wickets such as this really do produce dull cricket. The batsmen can pretty much do as they please, and certainly for the quicker men there is absolutely nothing in it whatsoever.
I honestly do not believe that success is out of the reach of a top quality bowler though. Sustained spells of pressure and hitting the correct length could induce an edge. There were a good deal of plays and misses, after all. Moreover, the old trick of full fast and straight was not persisted with for a long enough time to see if it would have worked. I was too young to remember, but I doubt the young Waqar relied too much on pitches - he bowled merely very full.

The issue is identifying a pitch like this in the first innings so that you can undergo radical schemes like a very full length or a very straight line, perhaps. Of course, if the track is not as flat as once thought, you might be chasing far more than you had bargained for.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Most probably they are sold out. There was a very huge line today, I don't think there will be any tickets left now that Sachin is not out.
Yeah, I checked online. The Rs 25000 tickets are the only ones available. They're all season tickets, BTW.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't begrudge the great Sachin an opportunity to score a hundred on a pitch perfectly made for him. He has scored many of his 99 hundreds on pitches where he was made to work much harder for his three figures. Can allow him this freebie!
Agreed, would be well deserved and fitting to see him do it in front of a huge home town crowd.

Knowing him he'll probably choke though. :ph34r: