• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
The young lad could end up getting a 4-fer or a 5-fer on debut. Not a bad bowler this guy. The pace and the endeavour is there; just that I'd like to see some more skills with the ball. Maybe that's something that he'll learn with time, but at this stage even in fc cricket you can clearly see that he's not quite a developed bowler.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Really should declare now imo.
Don't see a reason, tbh. The track would progressively get bad and a difference of 50-60 runs in the first innings could decide the match. Idea should be to bat the hosts out of the contest.

It's not the kind of track where Edwards and Rampaul just come charging in and nip out three before the close of play. Not saying it's impossible; just not a percentage option.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Question to betting enthusiasts - if I put $500 now on India winning this test, how much can I earn if they actually win it?
If you're asking what the odds are, the best I can find is 12/1, which means you'd win $6000. (after also getting your $500 back.)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not a big fan of the Windies decision to keep batting tonight. They've been fielding for two days, have a few overs at them before close! Seems like such a waste.

Jacknife

International Captain
Yes they've not exactly been that positive with their batting anyway these last 20 overs, they should have really had 15 overs or so at them tonight, that's the last thing the Indian openers would have wanted after 2 days in the field.
England did exactly this on a number of occasions a few years ago in the WI and it came back to bite them each time.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, always tend to think the value of an extra 15-20 runs is far less than a chance to bowl at tired batsmen late in the day. Still, great effort by an inexperienced line up.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Sweet, everything's going according to plan. Now all India needs to do is score 675, and bowl them out for less than 80 on the final day.

Nonetheless, bravo Bravo! :)

Woodster

International Captain
Darren Bravo looks a real class act, the Lara comparisons are obvious, but they are accurate. He played beautifully today, and away from his technique it was his hunger to go on and on that impressed. He didn't get loose in his strokeplay or look to start smashing sixes, he just looked determined to continue accumulating and smashing the wayward deliveries.

Kirk Edwards I like the look of too. He is very organised, and at 27 is probably comfortable with his own style and knows his game. Savage on anything straight as he drives powerfully through the straight mid-wicket area.

I loved Kieran Powell's positive intent when he came out. Although in terms of the game situation, there wasn't a massive amount of pressure on him with it being 314-3 when he strode out. With that brings its own pressures, everyone had contributed up until that point. He skipped down the wicket about fourth ball and planted Ashwin back over his head, no messing. At 21 he looks exciting.

What must be said is this is a road. They will have many sterner tests ahead of them on pitches that offer more than this one, and that will give us a better indication of which one of these batsmen have the ability to go right to the top.

ganeshran

International Debutant
So is this the pitch in which Rahane is averaging about 60 in domestic cricket? lol
AFAIK, this pitch is a relaid one and there hasnt been much FC cricket at Wankhede for quite some time now. Ranji matches are taking place at Brabourne or Bandra stadiums

Joao

U19 12th Man
Can't wait to get a look at this Bravo fellow down here.

Seriously though, WI 575, surely Sehwag to be the first batsman to score 3 triples?