• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who's this bloke Badenhorst? Ripping through Canterbury as we speak. It's his FC debut, if Cricinfo is to be believed.

vandem

International 12th Man
... lolled at Adams smashing 79 from 54 balls. Guess I'll retract some of the negative things I said about Auckland's middle and lower order :ph34r:
Adams had been in some good batting form in UK FC cricket last season. 551 runs avge 23.95, five x 50s, all at better than run-a-ball:

54 (47 balls)
64 (44)
51 (35)
52 (51)
53* (48)

_Ed_

Always loved watching Adams bat in ODIs. He was pretty much just a filthy slogger then, but he got some distance when he middled it.

Watling's still piling on the runs for ND - 138* now.

Howsie

International Captain
... They sure are.

Doesn't help that their openers have hardly scored a run this season. I seem to remember Brodie was a rare bright spot for them last season.
That would've been two seasons ago, he missed most of last season with an injury.

But yeah, Wellington are abysmal. Not only have they not won anything in almost a decade they haven't produced a halfway decent international cricketer in years either (O'Brien aside). Get rid of the bit's n pieces players, stop picking up everyone elses trash and give your young players a decent run. They might struggle for a season or two but in the end it'll probably pay off, It can't be any worse than this anyway.

_Ed_

Ellis having a strong all-round game - 4-81, and now a reasonably quick 56*.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I suspect they're withholding the last spot in the hopes a Milne, Wheeler etc goes nuts and smashes a team.

I'm already surprised at the restraint shown with Milne by the selectors. The opportunity to hurl 150kph and Ponting's throat isn't one I thought they could resist.
And Milne isn't playing. Do we know if he's injured?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That would've been two seasons ago, he missed most of last season with an injury.

But yeah, Wellington are abysmal. Not only have they not won anything in almost a decade they haven't produced a halfway decent international cricketer in years either (O'Brien aside). Get rid of the bit's n pieces players, stop picking up everyone elses trash and give your young players a decent run. They might struggle for a season or two but in the end it'll probably pay off, It can't be any worse than this anyway.
Hadn't really thought about this but yeah it's true... I guess there is Jesse Ryder.

Other people know better than me what's gone wrong with Wellington cricket (have heard is not exactly a merit-based organisation), though I guess there's hope now they can rebuild with the new coach.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hadn't really thought about this but yeah it's true... I guess there is Jesse Ryder.

Other people know better than me what's gone wrong with Wellington cricket (have heard is not exactly a merit-based organisation), though I guess there's hope now they can rebuild with the new coach.
CD produced Jesse, he's a Masterton boy.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
True, though he has been playing for Wellington for a long time.

... Actually just looked it up - since 2004 in fact.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Woodcock smashes a 6 to reach his ton and we declare.

C'arn wickets!

Edit: Both Canterbury and Wellington declared on 75.2 overs. ITSTL