• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
There is a bizarre consensus developing on another forum that Praveen is the type of bowler who can only take wickets after bowling dozens of overs and so is not the type of bowler who can skittle the opposition. I think this is total nonsense and he is actually plenty capable of running through a team.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Hell yes! Sunday night, early start and the whole week off starting tommorow. Please someone score big, a repeat of last time wouldn't be to bad :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
West Indies getting closer to their full strength team.

Just need Taylor and Gayle back. Arguably Sarwan too if he has stopped being ****. Their attack looks pretty good though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sanjay Manjrekar on why decisions unaided by DRS aren't always a bad thing | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Good Article by Manjrekar. Don't agree completely but he raises very good points.

I think it is a good thing when:

a) You use the DRS with all facets included. Everyone is happy. Complaints are minimal.
b) Don't use the DRS at all. Don't show the hawkeye or hotspot replays. People make their own judgements. Again, less controversy all around.

Obviously the latter is a bit of a reversion to an earlier era and as such, not exactly the best way forward but at least it results in less tension.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Sammy must be hoping Sehwag gets overconfident and gives away his wicket, can't see any other reason to not bowl Roach.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanjay Manjrekar on why decisions unaided by DRS aren't always a bad thing | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Good Article by Manjrekar. Don't agree completely but he raises very good points.

I think it is a good thing when:

a) You use the DRS with all facets included. Everyone is happy. Complaints are minimal.
b) Don't use the DRS at all. Don't show the hawkeye or hotspot replays. People make their own judgements. Again, less controversy all around.

Obviously the latter is a bit of a reversion to an earlier era and as such, not exactly the best way forward but at least it results in less tension.
Yeah but tension isn't what the issue is. The issue is getting rid of as many umpiring mistakes as possible.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sammy must be hoping Sehwag gets overconfident and gives away his wicket, can't see any other reason to not bowl Roach.
Roach isn't particularly good with the new ball. More of a first change bowler at this stage of his career.

That said besides Rampual and Taylor none of the West Indies players are especially good with the new ball. Edwards would do just as well at first change.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah but tension isn't what the issue is. The issue is getting rid of as many umpiring mistakes as possible.
well, you only know that when they show you the tracking or hotspot and if the BCCI think they are unreliable, that is fair enough, AFAIC. Interesting that not much fuss was made about the umpires decision when those replays were not available.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Interesting that the commentators said they cannot understand how anyone would not say Dravid is the best number 3 in the world. I would say it pretty understandable. I would personally pick Trott before Dravid.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting that the commentators said they cannot understand how anyone would not say Dravid is the best number 3 in the world. I would say it pretty understandable. I would personally pick Trott before Dravid.
It was Ravi Shashtri. Nuff said.

Thought Roach bowled a little better than his recent fluff. Dead pitch though. At least Barath is fit again

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Or Sangakkara, or Amla.

Since June 2009
Kumar - 2247 runs @ 66 (9 hundreds)
Trott - 1965 runs @ 57 (6 hundreds)
Hash - 1552 runs @ 64 (7 hundreds)
Dravid - 2070 runs @ 55 (9 hundreds)