• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that will happen before Sachin's 100th 100

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
- GIMH making a good post
- Zaheer Khan getting through an overseas series uninjured
- Australia picking a correct team
- Shivfan getting over that chip on his shoulder re India in West Indies
- Dravid's 100th 100

what else ****s?
Sachin will reach the 90's for the 61st time in a test match :dry:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
So Ganguly proclaiming Sachin is the greatest and Kapil crying will be delayed for another Test.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
told you he isn't destined to get it....

lords,
oval,
4th innings
final,
semi-final....

5th big occasions .... 5 failures...

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't have been nearly as predictive as you making your obvious intolerance known.
Another thing that will happen before his 100th 100: his fans realising that poking fun at Tendulkar isn't blasphemous.

The irony of the reactions, even in a thread where it is designed to be light-hearted.

Warne's a bit of a media ho, so I am sure he'll come out with platitudes once it happens.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Another thing that will happen before his 100th 100: his fans realising that poking fun at Tendulkar isn't blasphemous.
Firstly, you didn't actually poke fun at Tendulkar, but actually indirectly praised him. Secondly, no one really took offence even though you seem to be wanting people to do it. Weldone just responded to a Joke with a Joke.
It's only you who are moaning about it. Just like it isn't blasphemous to poke fun at Tendulkar it isn't blasphemous (And this thread is Proof in itself) to poke fun at Warne, Bradman, Chappell etc...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Firstly, you didn't actually poke fun at Tendulkar, but actually indirectly praised him. Secondly, no one really took offence even though you seem to be wanting people to do it. Weldone just responded to a Joke with a Joke.
It's only you who are moaning about it. Just like it isn't blasphemous to poke fun at Tendulkar it isn't blasphemous (And this thread is Proof in itself) to poke fun at Warne, Bradman, Chappell etc...
:thumbup:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Sure, sure; I'm the one who couldn't take the joke. Nevermind the 6 posts in response to me. :laugh:

I regularly crack jokes about the aforementioned cricketers myself. Knock yourself out.

G.I.Joe

International Coach

The irony of the reactions, even in a thread where it is designed to be light-hearted.
You weren't poking fun at Tendulkar, you were seeking to poke fun at supposed over the top reactions to his achievements from fans and contemporaries. :laugh: If you're going to attempt to point out irony, you might want to get the basic premise right to begin with.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Wanre is the worst leg spinner ever to hold a cricket ball in his hand.

Srs, kid lives next door and can't bowl for ****.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
You weren't poking fun at Tendulkar, you were seeking to poke fun at supposed over the top reactions to his achievements from fans and contemporaries. :laugh: If you're going to attempt to point out irony, you might want to get the basic premise right to begin with.
Almost every post in this thread is making fun of some other thing in order to make fun of Tendulkar. I made fun of the overreactions of his fans to make fun of him. Because despite his accomplishments, he is overrated and it is best illustrated in the reactions of his fans. I didn't think it was that difficult to follow.

Last edited: