• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Really ??

I was not looking at him to see if he chucks but I am old fashioned in how I look at what is a throw and not a bowl and I think I would have sat up and taken notice if he had bowled anything suspicious looking.
He just had his action cleared in September from the ICC after 2008, i believe.

ICC clears Samuels' bowling action: Cricketnext

BBC SPORT | Cricket | International Teams | West Indies | Samuels issued with bowling ban

And he used to bend his elbow 27 degrees for a off spinner and 35 degrees for a quicker ball.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
peeved that the windies flattered to deceive yet again. once dravid went thought that they had a little window of opportunity but...

why on earth was edwards bowled so little? or what seemed like little. that is not how u try to win a test.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
why on earth was edwards bowled so little? or what seemed like little. that is not how u try to win a test.
He has bowled the second most overs after Bishoo, for West Indies in this match. In this innings also has bowled 15 overs.

In any case he hasn't really looked as threatening as people seem to believe on here (except the first spell in the 1st innings) and also has only taken 2 wickets, while being expensive.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Let's hope for India's sake Yuvraj fails again so the selectors drop him for Kohli
In all fairness to Yuvraj, I think he looks in decent touch just now. The one wrinkle being his first innings dismissal, which was a typical brain-fade. He needs to make his good form count.

EDIT: 50 for VVS. Well played.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LOL YUVRAJ.

Also why is Sammy celebrating so much? Seems like it's out of spite if anything tbh. None of his team mates were celebrating.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In all fairness to Yuvraj, I think he looks in decent touch just now. The one wrinkle being his first innings dismissal, which was a typical brain-fade. He needs to make his good form count.
**** did it to spite me. 8-) :ph34r:

Those things on the end of your legs, fella; they do move.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
never cease to marvel at how someone blessed with the physique of sammy can bowl so slowly. it must take unusual muscle control and rhythm.

well played, india.

was a good test match and i hope the next one is as interesting, though preferably with a different ending.

Last edited:

Daemon

never cease to marvel at how someone blessed with the physique of sammy can bowl so slowly. it must take unusual muscle control and rhythm.
Lol..take a look at club cricket mate, loads of tall buff lords who bowl slower than skinny 16 year olds.

Burgey

Well done India. Good fight back. Disappointing day three collapse obviously cost the WI the game.

Daemon

Good game first up. Besides that first innings we did pretty well and we won so I'm not complaining :p

Windies showed they can't be taken lightly, and I predict lots more runs to come of Chanders blade in the next few games. Bloody awesome batsmen.

Dissector

International Debutant
Lol..take a look at club cricket mate, loads of tall buff lords who bowl slower than skinny 16 year olds.
Sammy is liked a good,honest club-level bowler who knows his limitations, bowls wicket to wicket and cuts the ball a bit. Certainly not someone you would expect to average under 30 in test cricket.

Anyway a good win in the end. You have to wonder how long Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman will continue. All l three of them look like they could play for a couple of years at least and none of the younger players are putting any serious pressure on them.