• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Why pull from the stumps on a low bounce wicket like this one ??

He was looking a bit too much of a hurry the last 3-4 overs, not wanting to be stranded in the 90's it seemed . . .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My prediction of Yuvraj hitting a 20-30 and us winning by 5 wickets is coming true :p

biased indian

International Coach
No no. It was that much. Today it is more. I can make a decent guess because it is a ground I have played a lot of cricket on :-)

The stands can mislead in photographs because some stands tend to be packed and others empty because of the way the tickets are priced. Only on a relatively packed or an almost empty ground do you see uniformity of density around the ground.

Poor shot by Sachin. That hundred again :-(
the capacity of the ground is 48,000 according to wiki..is it 1/4th full ??

Zinzan

Let's hope for India's sake Yuvraj fails again so the selectors drop him for Kohli

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
...was watching yesterday's highlights.. I don't want to open a can of worms here...but did anybody feel like Samuels very very clearly chucked the delivery with which he got Gambhir's wicket?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
the capacity of the ground is 48,000 according to wiki..is it 1/4th full ??
If it truly is 10k then IMO that's pretty impressive. My impression from various articles and constant photos of empty stands has been as if there's like a 1000-2000 max or something.
At the ground? Maybe I've been reading too many articles about crowds in India lol. 10k is not bad, although 100 100's deserves at least 20 000 +
Hope the news is spreading and people are coming into the ground. Don't want a moment like his to be seen by like 5 people :dry:
Here is a news report on the second days play . . .

According to official figures, 13,451 spectators watched the second day's proceedings at the 42,000-capacity Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium with fans swelling after West Indies were all out for 304, half an hour before the lunch break.

The lower two tiers of the Eastern Stand and lowest tier of the Western Stand were more than half-filled as the crowd cheered opening batsmen Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir giving a rollicking start to the Indian first innings with a flurry of boundaries.

Unlike Sunday, fans were also seen in sizeable numbers occupying the lower two tiers of the North Stand and at the area to the left of the media box.

However, considering that it is a holiday on Monday on the occasion of Eid-ul-Zuha, the stadium certainly witnessed fewer spectators than expected.

But the moderate crowd had to return disappointed as Tendulkar was out for just seven after staying at the crease for 25 minutes and facing 18 balls in the post-lunch session.​

Source : Times of India

As you can see in India expectations are much higher for crowds than in other parts of the world :-)

Burgey

...was watching yesterday's highlights.. I don't want to open a can of worms here...but did anybody feel like Samuels very very clearly chucked the delivery with which he got Gambhir's wicket?
By no measure, even the old fashioned one, does Samuels chuck.

Just heard the commentator say "the whole cricketing world was watching one man today".

Nup.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
By no measure, even the old fashioned one, does Samuels chuck.

Just heard the commentator say "the whoile cricketing world was watching one man today".

Nup.
My sarcasm antenna isn't catching any signal.

Care to elaborate pls?

Burgey

My sarcasm antenna isn't catching any signal.

Care to elaborate pls?
I don't think he chucks. i think, even by the old pre-15 degreee system, he was found not to chuck, unless I have the wrong fellow (which tbf i well may).

And I don't think the whole circketing world was watching one man, either. I was at lunch, to give an example.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think he chucks. i think, even by the old pre-15 degreee system, he was found not to chuck, unless I have the wrong fellow (which tbf i well may).

And I don't think the whole circketing world was watching one man, either. I was at lunch, to give an example.
He was asked to stop bowling as he was found to be chucking..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He was asked to stop bowling as he was found to be chucking..
Really ??

I was not looking at him to see if he chucks but I am old fashioned in how I look at what is a throw and not a bowl and I think I would have sat up and taken notice if he had bowled anything suspicious looking.

Burgey

Then who was the bloke they said was under 15 degrees? Was some part time blow in from the Windies wasn't it? I've got him mixed up with someone else then.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Then who was the bloke they said was under 15 degrees? Was some part time blow in from the Windies wasn't it? I've got him mixed up with someone else then.
It was him, Samuels. I am talking of not noticing anything suspicious today.

But then as i said, I wasn't focussing on anything but Sachin :-)