• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Tomorrow's first hour would be very important, if we lose 1-2 quick wickets, I could definitely see a collapse happening. Good opening stand really eased some pressure from the middle order.

And congrats tendulkar on getting 15000

Xuhaib

International Coach
Have to say that I am pleasently surprised at the score I found on return from my seminar. Fully expected India to be staring down the barrel. Of course, we've not won yet but it looks likely. One thing we must look out for is the inconsistent Yuvraj followed by Dhoni and then a weak tail. Ashwin can hold a bat, but the same cannot be said about the other three.
an all time great batting line up will not fail twice at home against an average to decent attack.

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't see it but isn't there a new rule about it doesn't matter if you jump in the air after you've made any ground behind the crease? I didn't see this so I don't know if Dravid had got in at all though.
That was brought in for cases where the batsman grounded the bat and then it lifted again for what ever reason - dodgy ground or something.

You do actually have to ground the bat first for that to apply.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Didn't see it but isn't there a new rule about it doesn't matter if you jump in the air after you've made any ground behind the crease? I didn't see this so I don't know if Dravid had got in at all though.
was wondering about the same thing. remember reading about a rule change recently saying that once u had made the crease, then it did not matter. or did that only pertain to your taking evasive action?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Very disappointing to see Sammy not able to apply the pressure. Its difficult to pressurise someone like Sehwag but the others ? Sachin and Tendulkar scored 16 runs in 11 overs which should have seen West Indies breathing down India's neck but somehow it never looked like that.

Not getting Bravo lose on Sachin in the early part of his innings was shocking. West Indies look overawed and if they are going to be overawed with india batting so much below their potential God help them if the Indians get back on track.

India can still lose but it is not looking likely just now. It should be an important half an hour tomorrow morning and Sammy has to make the Indians feel the tension of the occasion.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very disappointing to see Sammy not able to apply the pressure. Its difficult to pressurise someone like Sehwag but the others ? Sachin and Tendulkar scored 16 runs in 11 overs which should have seen West Indies breathing down India's neck but somehow it never looked like that.

Not getting Bravo lose on Sachin in the early part of his innings was shocking. West Indies look overawed and if they are going to be overawed with india batting so much below their potential God help them if the Indians get back on track.

India can still lose but it is not looking likely just now. It should be an important half an hour tomorrow morning and Sammy has to make the Indians feel the tension of the occasion.
All true SJS, but the two not out batsmen plus Laxman can grind it out when they need to so well. Makes them such fine players.

uvelocity

International Coach
didnt ground anything even though if it was a horse race and the stumps were the finish line he'd won by a head.

only saved in that the 3rd ump was able to display doubt at the bail completely dislodging by the time gravity had forced his hind led groundward.

**** decision imo

Howe_zat

Audio File
Second time today I've been disappointed yet unsurprised by the scoreline. Should be comfortable for India tomorrow.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
an all time great batting line up will not fail twice at home against an average to decent attack.
Well that is the issue. Much like an impending disaster, an indian fan is weary of the time, almost by an instant, that Dravid, Tendulkar and perhaps Laxman simultaneously reach an aged decline which is rapid and irreversible (unless you are Crowe).

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

Getting the names mixed up aye..

:)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
All true SJS, but the two not out batsmen plus Laxman can grind it out when they need to so well. Makes them such fine players.
Oh sure. These guys are clearly THE batsmen for such an occasion on this planet but my point is that it is impossible to find a situation where West Indies could have them at their most vulnerable, relatively speaking, with lack of match practice, the match situation and what have you.

Makes for great viewing for an Indian fan but . . . maybe it will be an exciting finish tomorrow or maybe Sachin will get the 100x100 monkey off his back :-)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's also a lineup that hugely out of nick, with the exception of Dravid. Good bowling by the Windies tomorrow should make it an interesting final day's play.

Satguru

Banned
Bit surprised by everyone being confident of an Indian win, tbh. There were some dangerous signs with a few balls keeping terribly low... Just 2-3 of those in the right spot tomorrow and WI will be into the Indian tail, (im including Dhoni and Yuvraj :ph34r:) which is pretty terrible apart from Ishant Sharma. Ashwin has a straight bat, thats all,usually gets knocked over easily unlike Ishant.

Its all upto Dravid, Sachin and VVS imo... the rest are not reliable at all.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Can totally see an ugly cameo of 20-30 from Yuvraj to see us home.
Nah!! Can see him coming in and making a 30 odd for the win and looking great to keep his place for the next test.

Will be disappointed if India don't win from here.