• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will Chanders wait til Sammy goes before stepping it up, or will he launch now?

Burgey

God he's fantastic this bloke. Just picking the gaps so well. Beautiful shot that past point.

Burgey

Top session. Comfortably India's but if WI can get the lead to 250 then they're a decent shout.

The wicket still doesn't look THAT bad to me, maybe I'm missing something here. If I was watching the play without an eye on the score, I'd say they'd want 300-350 to be comfortable, but that's just not the way the game has gone.

Would love to see this go down to the wire.

chicane

State Captain
Chanderpaul increasing firepower at will again. So awesome. Have to get him soon, he could easily add 100 runs with the remaining 3 wickets.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Yeah, you do get the feeling that if Sehwag and Gambhir once again get away, then India may chase down the target with only 4 or 5 wickets down.

Early wickets will be the absolute key. But first, a lead of 250 would be nice.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, you do get the feeling that if Sehwag and Gambhir once again get away, then India may chase down the target with only 4 or 5 wickets down.

Early wickets will be the absolute key. But first, a lead of 250 would be nice.
I know they almost put on 100 for the first wicket but I didn't think they looked great.

Another 50 runs is essential.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sigh. Was always on the cards for WI to collapse against the spinners, still wasn't expecting it to be quite this bad.

250-300 seems like a winning lead, but as people have said there really doesn't look like much wrong with the wicket, India really ought to chase down anything less than that on day three.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
don't need technology for those. a replay is enough tbh
Pretty sure a replay utilises technology too. Either that or I got stiffed on a duff set of eyes that don't come with a rewind feature.

That kind of howler is exactly what UDRS should be for...

Ooo, edge there? Not given anyway.

EDIT: Nope, good decision from Tucker. Having a good match.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah that looked fairly straightforward on the replay.

Classic Dhoni field here. Would have thought Sammy averaged 47, not 17.

EDIT: The stumps, Ishant. Aim at them.

Last edited: