• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unfortunately our boring selectors are likely do the opposite will probably go for toothless attack of Martin, Mills & Arnel, who won't bother the Aussies in the slightest on their tracks.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm less determined for Marto to stay in the team now that he's completed that hallowed double of 200 test wickets and 100 test runs. However, there's no way that Milne is ready for test cricket, and even Boult is a bit of a long shot. Martin still bowled relatively well with a bit of bad luck in Zimbabwe, so I wouldn't ditch him, though I agree his record against the aussies is attrocious. I still think his experience and leadership have a lot to offer to the younger bowlers. I think a 4 seamer attack wouldn't be the worst idea:

Guptill
McCullum
Williamson (grumble...should still be at number 6)
Taylor
Ryder
Vettori
Young
Bracewell/Mills
Southee
McKay/Boult
Martin

It leaves us badly vulnerable to collapse, I confess

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunately our boring selectors are likely do the opposite will probably go for toothless attack of Martin, Mills & Arnel, who won't bother the Aussies in the slightest on their tracks.
The Gabba could well have plenty of spice in it. I'd fancy Mills to have a good time if it does.

Flem274*

123/5
Milne will need to prove he can stay fit before he gets selected.

It's one of the many qualities of Bracewell; he is rarely injured. An injury free attack would be lovely.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually think he's a pretty decent bowler tbh.
Well done sir. I'd love to see him given a chance with a new ball on a muggy first morning in Brisbane.

Just like last time around, where Tim Southee knocked over the top order and the Aussie press called him 'unknown' even though he had taken 5-for on debut just across the water from them the previous summer.

Burgey

Well done sir. I'd love to see him given a chance with a new ball on a muggy first morning in Brisbane.

Just like last time around, where Tim Southee knocked over the top order and the Aussie press called him 'unknown' even though he had taken 5-for on debut just across the water from them the previous summer.
Oh don't get us started on the level of "knowledge" of our TV commentators here.

I think Martin is better than he was before, and if he got some swing early on he'd trouble our blokes, who still think it's 2006 and they can therefore go after all the bowling they like with impunity.

Flem274*

123/5
Jesse Ryder has quit bowling according to the paper and aims to be batting next week. He is expected to play the first test.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, if you get paid to commentate you should do some research instead of talking out your arse.
Yep, this. They get paid handsomely yet very few of them do it. It's a cruisy job for the boys in their eyes.

However, it was the print media that I saw most of those comments in. I would hope Patrick Cummins wouldn't get the same treatment if he turned up here.

Oh and Jesse hasn't 'quit' bowling...just shelved it for now.

benchmark00

Yep, this. They get paid handsomely yet very few of them do it. It's a cruisy job for the boys in their eyes.

However, it was the print media that I saw most of those comments in. I would hope Patrick Cummins wouldn't get the same treatment if he turned up here.

Oh and Jesse hasn't 'quit' bowling..just shelved it for now.
If he ain't drinking beers he's...

karan316

State Vice-Captain
B McCullum
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
Ryder
Brownlie
Daniel Vettori
N McCullum
Tim Southee
Milne/Mckay/Bennett/Bracewell
Chris Martin.

Don't think most people will agree, but I think selecting this squad would mean more batting depth
which is a must against the Australian bowling lineup.
NZ can't select more than 3 seamers out of the available bowlers, they can pick 3 of their best fast bowlers to tackle the Australian batsmen along with Vettori as the 4th bowler and McCullum as the 5th. They have two very good fast bowlers in Southee and Martin, but apart from them, i don't think there are other fast bowlers who can be very effective against Australia, one out of Milne, Mckay, Bennett and Bracewell can be selected but not two.
N McCullum doesn't have that impressive FC bowling stats but he has improved a lot in recent past and is a much better bowler now and his lower order batting and fielding skills are also useful.

Last edited: