• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

Flem274*

123/5
Why does Martin bowl so far outside off? Has been doing it for years now. He is a much better bowler when he looks to attack the castle.

Flem274*

123/5
What a wonderful over by Bracewell - really enjoyed that.
Describe? Cricinfo commentary doesn't seem impressed.

Bracewell to Taylor, no run, again short of a length on off and BT punches it confidently to mid-off
Bracewell to Taylor, no run, back to a slightly shorter length and BT looks comfortable defending off the back foot
Bracewell to Taylor, 2 runs, that's fuller and BT was stuck on the back foot. Gets a thick outside edge and it runs away to backward point. Taylor was reaching for the ball there
Bracewell to Taylor, no run, short of a length on off and defended again
Bracewell to Taylor, no run, that's on the stumps and Taylor just rolls the wrists and flicks it too square leg
Bracewell to Taylor, no run, short of a length on off and BT gets back to defend it easily

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
^Every ball asked questions. I think he earned a defensive prod to each ball. The one that squirted out through gully was a false shot. That type of bowling will wear you down through sheer attrition.

Reminded me of a spell that Southee did some years ago in Hamilton when he was first starting.

I would like to see Bracewell try to nip it away to slips a little bit he seems to be using his off cutter a lot -is my only negative comment.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh, thank goodness for that. Was under the impression he retired to pursue Grade Cricket. Would have been a waste.
Well the ZC eligibility laws rule him out of international fixtures if he doesn't make himself available for the Logan Cup. They've actually let him get away with it before, but that was when the competition was a complete shambles; I would've thought they'd stick to their guns on it this time.