• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ugh Zimbabwe stop picking Mpofu ffs. He's not even the usual 'bowls quick but sprays it' type hopeful. He's a completely ****ing useless slow medium bowler who's Chris Martin useless at batting.
You're always such a positive person...but in this case, I agree. He's awful.

Chubb

International Regular
I think Zim really need to get Ed Rainsford back in the side. He's not THAT good but I always thought he was better than Mpofu. And of course the Meteor needs to be back as soon as possible. While he is not a world-beater, he is better than almost all the other Zimbabwe bowlers.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Am wondering how we are going to bowl Zimbabwe out on this pitch with this attack.

Though inexperienced batsmen often struggle with Vettori left-arm-drift.
We have two "good" bowlers - who will be a handful for the Zimbos. Vettori is very good against Bangers and I anticipate he will be in amongst them here.

But I am not overly hopeful for other two bowlers. Although if they let Jeets settle into a line and length he could take a couple if his confidence issues don't let him down. Also Ross must support him with an attacking field which Vettori did not. So that if there is a bat pad chance there is someone there to take it.

Young Bracewell must make the batsman play - I don't know if he is experienced enough to do this or not.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd imagine NZ will be content to play a patience game. As with most inferior opposition, if they're tied down they tend to react.

Especially without the sort of guns to run through them on a road.

Flem274*

123/5
The more I think about it, the more I conclude everything about what they have done with Watling in this test match is horrid. I would have picked Aldridge ahead of him in the first place so we have three seamers, and moving Vettori and Young up one spot. It makes the balance perfect for a turning pitch thanks to Vettori's all round prowess and the batting abilities of Bracewell and Aldridge.

But putting that aside in favour of the reality of what has been selected, if you're going to play Watling you have to put him in the top three. He is poor against spin, so why would you put an opening batsman who struggles against spin at five? They have completely sold him out.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So 4 wickets out of 4 gifted on a platter to Zimbabwe. That's not a great look for our batsmen - we may be on track for 450 but a good disciplined batting side would be scoring closer to 600 on this wicket against this attack.

If Zimbabwe's batsmen survive the new ball and are less profligate than ours we could be in for a shock.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
He is poor against spin, so why would you put an opening batsman who struggles against spin at five? They have completely sold him out.
Unless perhaps they want him to prove he can lift his game against spin? You can be below par at playing spin and be a batsman for the Blackcaps, but he takes it to a whole new low.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Couple of lovely shots from Brownlie already. Hope it's a sign of things to come.