• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Two international bowlers and batsmen against whom you would love to play.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Daemon is right. Sami would have a bowling strike rate of about 10 in club cricket.

It may seem a joke to some, but I would go on to say that bowlers like Sami and Tait might be more potent forces at club level than the likes of McGrath.
Agreed. I'm not sure about how much of a wicket-taking threat Sami would be in club cricket, but there's a fair chance that he could put a few batsmen in the ICU.

People do not appreciate the physical threats of international pace enough. Unless you've played/practised at a reasonably high level and are used to facing regular first-class seamers, there's a fair chance that a 75 mph nut would find most people out of their comfort zone.

Tsotsobe, Praveen Kumar and Welegedara would seem lightning fast to about 95% or more people in the world. Playing against pace takes practice, your reflexes need to get acclimatised. :)

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
just see Sami getting smashed in Pakistan's first class tournament recently to get an idea of how bad the guy really is. And Pakistan probably has the worst batsmen of all test nations
Yes, but tbf first class cricket >>> club cricket, even in Pakistan. I can believe that those batsmen can smash an erratic quick bowler mercilessly.

Playing seven days/week as a vocation is bound to improve even the most modest of cricketing talents. I don't necessarily believe that f/c cricketers are superhumanly talented; just better prepared than your average club cricketer.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
just see Sami getting smashed in Pakistan's first class tournament recently to get an idea of how bad the guy really is. And Pakistan probably has the worst batsmen of all test nations
FC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Club Cricket

...be it in Pakistan, or Bangladesh...

smash84

The Tiger King
oh then I was referring to FC cricketers. That some of the guys that I played with ended up playing FC cricket

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Sami looked the most promising when he started his career, I still don't understand how he became such a bad bowler, I thought such things happen to indian bowlers only:-)

Last edited:

kyear2

International Coach
Batsmen I would love to bowl to: Bradman and Richards/Lara
And lets say bowlers I would love to keep to, it would have to be Marshall and Warne, undoubtably the two greatest bowlers of ALL TIME. May be cool to face them as well. :)

Jigga988

State 12th Man
To all those who say there is an extremely large gulf between first class and club cricket I'm not really sure of that. I've been involved in both and I play in an essex league, I've faced palladino, chambers and westfield, all essex bowlers, without noticing too much of a difference, chambers was pretty rapid, but never really runs through sides. These lads might not be going full throttle but still... I can provide stats when I'm on a computer, I doubt many of them averaged under 25 odd with the ball I've also been around the essex circuit, and there's not much difference in terms of ability, and as has been mentioned, the difference in ability comes from constant practise once you're in the essex or whatever first class set up. Having said all this, we've had wahab riaz have a spell at our club before and he DID dominate... Got hit for the biggest six I've ever seen though

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Oh and also carl grenidge, son of gordon, was our paid pro for a year and was the biggest flop ever! Mustve averaged around 40 odd with the ball... And I know he's had first class cricket spells

smash84

The Tiger King
To all those who say there is an extremely large gulf between first class and club cricket I'm not really sure of that. I've been involved in both and I play in an essex league, I've faced palladino, chambers and westfield, all essex bowlers, without noticing too much of a difference, chambers was pretty rapid, but never really runs through sides. These lads might not be going full throttle but still... I can provide stats when I'm on a computer, I doubt many of them averaged under 25 odd with the ball I've also been around the essex circuit, and there's not much difference in terms of ability, and as has been mentioned, the difference in ability comes from constant practise once you're in the essex or whatever first class set up. Having said all this, we've had wahab riaz have a spell at our club before and he DID dominate... Got hit for the biggest six I've ever seen though
haha....wow man.....gun post.......

goes on to prove my point. All you losers out there. Listen to the real deal :cool:

kingkallis

International Coach
I would love to face Brett Lee & Freddie Flintoff!

I would love to bowl ( Off spin ) to Jimmy Adams & Andrew Flower ;)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That just didn't happen though. Last season he took 26 wickets @ 30, and this season so far he's taken 14 wickets @ 17.

smash84

The Tiger King
I was talking about the domestic T20 tournament. He got smashed all over the park. And before anybody jumps on me for saying that it was T20. Yes it was but Sami got smashed much more than other bowlers.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was talking about the domestic T20 tournament. He got smashed all over the park. And before anybody jumps on me for saying that it was T20. Yes it was but Sami got smashed much more than other bowlers.
That's odd because you actually said first class tournament

indian_legend

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bowl to:
Sachin Tendulkar. He has this habit of getting out to newbies. Would be interesting to see if I can dismiss him:ph34r::D

Bat against:
Shane Warne. Indians are known to be good players of spin. Would be interesting to see if some local guys from street also have that:D

smash84

The Tiger King
isn't a domestic T20 a first class tournament? I always thought that domestic cricket was FC cricket??? :huh: